Windows 10: System Freezing, slowly going insane.

Discus and support System Freezing, slowly going insane. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there people. I am really running out of ideas, therefor I hope that someone could give me new ones or help me to find the issue. My PC Spec:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MartinHorak2, Apr 10, 2020.

1. System Freezing, slowly going insane.

Hello there people. I am really running out of ideas, therefor I hope that someone could give me new ones or help me to find the issue.

My PC Spec:
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, 1909, Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202
    CPU: Intel i7-7700k, not overclocked, all in bios set to auto.
    Ram: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Vengeance LPX - 4x8, running in Dual Channel
    MB: Asrock z270 Gaming K6 - Bios Updated, Version 2.30
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G

SSD System: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
    SSD Secondary: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB
    HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPm, 256mb Cache, ST2000DM008

HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPm, 256MB Cache, ST2000DM008

HDD3: WD Gold 4TB, 7200RPM, 256MB Cache, WD4003FRYZ

Optical Drive: ASUS BW-16D1HT

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750 G2

Monitor: 24" AOC AG241QG, running @ 1440p, 165hz
    Mouse: Logitech G700s - connected via wireless USB receiver
    Keyboard: Logitech K360 - connected via wireless USB receiver

Both CPU & GPU have Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut on it, max temps that I have seen through various stress tests was 85°
    Never seen MB hotter than 55°

Issue 1 - Critical: Random Freezes, really random, nothing in particular seems to be connected to it. Sometimes under load, sometimes when doing near nothing. All I can do, hard turn-off or disconnect power. It has been happening about last 3 weeks, The computer age is roughly 3 years.

Issue 2: Not so important: The screen occasionally "blinks black", like for a second or so, similair effect to changing resolution - this has been present on this system since day one.

What have I tried:

Disk scans / benchmarks etc. with following: HD Tune Pro, AIDA64, Windows error check, Samsung Magician, SeaTools for Windows - never found any issues.

Memory scans: Windows Memory Diagnostic, Memtest86 - it was running for about 5 hours, each round, than I tried swapping the memory sticks, doing them solo etc, never any problem reported.

Tried also all tests for CPU/GPU/Memory with Aida 64, no errors.

Tried Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit "burn in preset", no errors

Tried fresh install of Windows 10 from 3 sources, acting same, but it appears that it happens after some updates, probably the latest ones, however, cannot confirm it, because it is really random..

Tried SFC /scannow

Tried messing around with Bios Settings - also reseted to default.

Tried taking each component out and replacing it - still freezing.

Tried scanning the PC for Viruses , MBAM, Ad-Aware, NOD32, Norton Power Eraser,

Tried CCleaner, Advanced Systemcare.

All drivers up-to date, tried both manufacturer drivers, as well as Iobit Driver booster.

Found one strange driver in Device Manager and the info on internet is very unclear:
    Universal Serial Bus Keyboard Controllers: FintekR 501 - when I driver details, I find i2chkburn.sys and FintekIcon1.dll, when I google i2chkburn.sys, some results comes with BSOD/Freezes etc, I disabled it, still freezing and by the way, I have no idea what is that driver for, as it does not appear to be related to any HW I have in my setup nor I ever used.

I tried to look in Event Viewer, but it does not seem that there is anything abnormal I do not understand it too much
    WhoCrashed Analyze: Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer.

Tried disabling the C-States and P-States or whatever those power saving things are called.

Few things I run on my PC - - all up to date:

TeamViewer

Comodo Personal Firewall Free
    DS4Windows

Sound Blaster Cinema 3
    Logitech Gaming Software
    Sennheiser Audio
    Desktop Ok

Samsung Magician

Intel Rapid Storage Technology
    MSI Gaming App
    MSI AfterBurner only for monitoring the temps, not clocking

Spybot Anti-Beacon

If anyone has some suggestion, I am willing to try. Even repeat some steps that I have already done. If anyone could use some logs or whatever, point me to it, will gladly provide them. It is really driving me nutts. Stay safe and hope to hear from anyone.

:)

MartinHorak2, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 10, 2020
  3. joeyck Win User
    [FS][US]   AMD x6 + AM2+ motherboard + DDR2 RAM + Sound Card = Insanely low price!

System Freezing, slowly going insane. [​IMG]

Just added this bad boy to the list! Insanely good sound card allows for maximum audio quality from BF3. Good to hear foot steps. All in all just a bad @55 card

joeyck, Apr 10, 2020
  4. System Freezing, slowly going insane.

Computer starts slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur, due to any third party application conflict.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Safe Mode

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

System Freezing, slowly going insane.

1. System Freezing, slowly going insane. - Similar Threads - System Freezing slowly

2. PC slowly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slowly freezing: Hey everyone,This problem has happend to me before, but it hasnt happend in a while.To explain what happend; The applications I had opened slowly started to freeze, Couldnt click on things, but can move to another tab, then cant move to another tab till the application is...
  3. PC slowly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC slowly freezing: Hey everyone,This problem has happend to me before, but it hasnt happend in a while.To explain what happend; The applications I had opened slowly started to freeze, Couldnt click on things, but can move to another tab, then cant move to another tab till the application is...
  4. PC slowly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings menu going insane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings menu going insane: When I open the settings menu or press the windows key it goes crazy as if I am holding tab or an arrow key. This doesn't happen with anything else and is not a keyboard problem because it happens with it unplugged. submitted by /u/squidmega [link] [comments]...
  6. my laptop going insane

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop going insane: My laptop is going crazy he delete shortcuts and popup some error messages like explorer.exe and also when i play game he start to going crazy for exemple when i click on z button it shows me cortana Also just yesterday i install gta san andreas and i tried to fix the...
  7. Audio slowly gets out of sync with video: driving me insane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio slowly gets out of sync with video: driving me insane: I hope someone can help me with this because it's DRIVING ME INSANE! This started about 6 months ago. I assume it was an nvidia or Windows update but not sure but what happens is my audio and video slowly get out of sync over time. It varies how much or how fast but it...
  8. Windows 10 crashes constantly, and it's slowly driving me insane.

Windows 10 crashes constantly, and it's slowly driving me insane.: Ever since Win 10 installed itself on my computer, I have had nothing but issues. it has corrupted itself multiple times, forcing me to have to reinstall, created accounts that shouldn't exist, randomly acts like I'm not the admin of my own computer I can't run the "cfs...
  9. going insane with pc

going insane with pc: I recently updated my cpu fan/heatsink from a stock one to a hyper 212x. Since doing this I am get blue screen of death, different error code each time. Most of the time 0x0000000e, or system thread cannot be handled. I cant get windows to load anymore, neither can boot from...
  10. No internet connection, going insane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection, going insane.: So I have this HP Smarttouch laptop for about 3 years. Long story short it's always been a bugger. Recently did a factory reset like maybe a month ago now. Internet won't connect and I've reset everything Microsoft and their support walked me through, no hope. Reset the...