Windows 10: System Freezing When i Open Speccy to Check Temps

Discus and support System Freezing When i Open Speccy to Check Temps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why does system freeze when I open Speccy, is Avast conflicting with it? almost everytime I open it, it freezes up the entire PC, then displays the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AMDMan2016, Sep 3, 2016.

1. System Freezing When i Open Speccy to Check Temps

Why does system freeze when I open Speccy, is Avast conflicting with it? almost everytime I open it, it freezes up the entire PC, then displays the temps after a few minutes, finally comes upfrozen

If Avast is conflicting, i'm willing to use Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and such, or even setup PC like Microsoft Signature Edition, except don't have the $99.00 to pay Microsoft to set it up like that

:)

AMDMan2016, Sep 3, 2016
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Games always stop with the error message "Game " has encountered a problem and needs to close.

It will fit, but do not post a full dxdiag report. It is 99% useless to humans.

You could start with the name of the game/s and your system specifications including brand and model graphics processor,

and power supply brand and model.

Or, if using a laptop post the brand and and full model designation, eg- HP Pavilion x360 -
    14ba004tu vs HP Pavilion x360 -
    14ba050tu

- Also monitor the cpu and graphics processor temperatures and post the temps under full load.

You may already have a monitoring tool. If not, try the tools below.

Real Temp (cpu)

GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

- Speccy also shows the temps and full system specs, as well as installed software, and may be helpful if more information

is needed.

Open Speccy and wait for it to collect the information. Then select Publish Snapshot, which reveals pretty much everything on your machine.

The Publish Snapshot option creates a unique URL which you can open in your browser to view the information.

Post that URL here and we can also read it (Speccy does not show power supply information though).

Speccy - Standard

BossDweeb, Sep 3, 2016
  3. CORE TEMP-WINDOWS 10

I use Speccy free, it's safe, very good, and will give you all of the system information in one app as well. It can be easily setup to minimize to the system tray (the ^ icon on the taskbar) to show the temp of your choice with one click on the tray icon at
    View>Options> then select the System tray tab.

Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!

Hope this helps you,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Sep 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

System Freezing When i Open Speccy to Check Temps

Hi, I use Avast, Speccy v1.26 and now updated to 1.29 runs ok.

Suggest you retry from a clean boot and post result.
    Likewise in Safe Mode.
    Might be driver-related as Speccy acquires info.

dalchina, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

System Freezing When i Open Speccy to Check Temps

1. System Freezing When i Open Speccy to Check Temps - Similar Threads - System Freezing Open

2. Windows System Setting Tab freezing when opened.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows System Setting Tab freezing when opened.: When I open the System tab in Settings, it completely freezes. No crashing, just freezing. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-system-setting-tab-freezing-when-opened/61a5fdb2-b4d3-41a8-b899-f5a20aedf266
  3. How Accurate Are The Temp Readings With Speccy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Accurate Are The Temp Readings With Speccy?: I just installed Speccy on my Dell. It shows my cpu, gpu, and three hard drives all running at 87-94F. My computer just has one browser open with a news channel streaming. It seems a bit cool, or maybe not. Is Speccy reliable at reading/displaying temps? 167681
  4. Disk checking when I open the computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk checking when I open the computer: Yesterday my mother had to use the pc for her job and today when I opened my computer it said something like disk checking if you want to stop disk checking press any key within 8 seconds and I skipped disk checking.Should I skip it or should I let it check the disk....
  5. Speccy Report. What Are Your Temps At?

in Windows 10 Support
    Speccy Report. What Are Your Temps At?: Just built my new system.. "Used" Love to my Son that gave me the CPU GPU and Main Board and RAM. I Put my existing RAM in so no change. "Check My Spics" On boot my GPU fans weren't spinning so WTF. I downloaded the latest 2020 version and was able to get them spinning again....
  6. High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy: I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the hardware shouldn't be performing so badly. When I do a userbenchmark everything looks fine and dandy, but in game I experience...
  7. High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

in Windows 10 Support
    High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy: I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the hardware shouldn't be performing so badly. When I do a userbenchmark everything looks fine and dandy, but in game I experience...
  8. BSOD when opening speccy.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when opening speccy.: Formatted yesterday using an iso and so far I've tried opening speccy.exe which is a freeware utility and sometimes it crashes giving a bsod. Any help would be appreciated. 18981
  9. Speccy

Speccy: This is a program I had on W7 That W10 took off when I upgraded. 52298
  10. Speccy

Speccy: I read early on there were issues with Speccy and Windows 10. Is this still the case or is it safe to install? 40562