Windows 10: System froze after sleep

Discus and support System froze after sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my system froze after being in sleep mode for a few hours. desktop doesn't respond, can't click anything in the tool bar, all icons have disapeared.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/S_4_M_1_S, Aug 8, 2020.

1. System froze after sleep

So my system froze after being in sleep mode for a few hours. desktop doesn't respond, can't click anything in the tool bar, all icons have disapeared. task manager wont even load. Tried turning it off and on again (ofcourse), tried signing out, nothing. Can anyone help please?

submitted by /u/S_4_M_1_S
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/S_4_M_1_S, Aug 8, 2020

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Aug 8, 2020
  4. System froze after sleep

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

System froze after sleep

1. System froze after sleep - Similar Threads - System froze sleep

2. Froze

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Froze: Keep using your face or fingerprint for faster log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/froze/e80543b3-19cc-4474-8745-e6dea847dde4
  3. Froze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Froze: Keep using your face or fingerprint for faster log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/froze/e80543b3-19cc-4474-8745-e6dea847dde4
  4. Froze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows froze after startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows froze after startup.: Today, after loading up my PC to play a game, my sounds sounded distorted for a second and then it happened again but this time it froze everything. This included the call I was in. I had to force restart to fix it but does anyone know what happened? I checked my minidump...
  6. Windows froze after startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows froze after startup.: Today, after loading up my PC to play a game, my sounds sounded distorted for a second and then it happened again but this time it froze everything. This included the call I was in. I had to force restart to fix it but does anyone know what happened? I checked my minidump...
  7. Windows froze after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. System crashes after sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System crashes after sleep: Hey guys been having this issue ever since I upgraded my PC to the below specs-5950x-RTX 3090-Crucial Ballistix 3600 32 GB RAM-Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro-Windows 10 20H2So when my computer goes to sleep initially everything is fine, it wakes back up when I press a key or move my...
  9. System Froze - Msg to call Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Froze - Msg to call Microsoft: Weird thing yesterday. Just browsing with FF, and gave me a notice about they stopped "fingerprints" from XXX?. OK great and within 1 minute screen turned RED with some phony message about a "problem" and that I should call Microsoft with some phony phone number. System froze...
  10. C Drive full after failed system restore froze

in Windows 10 Support
    C Drive full after failed system restore froze: Hi guys, need your advise. I initially restored my laptop thru system restore point that was made when my windows updated automatically. However, it froze and I halted the process thru hard reset. I read that I should continue the restore point thru safe mode. I continued the...