Windows 10: system froze while installing windows from a usb stick image

Discus and support system froze while installing windows from a usb stick image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made an image of my brand new Windows10 one language version to a usb stick in order to change the language to english. I was oriented by another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rogerO., Apr 29, 2020.

1. rogerO. Win User

system froze while installing windows from a usb stick image

I made an image of my brand new Windows10 one language version to a usb stick in order to change the language to english.

I was oriented by another consultant to download the Microsoft media creation tool from the microsoft webpage and change the language while doing the image.

I did it and everything went fine.

Then I started the setup file that was created on the USB and left it running overnight.

When I woke this morning I found that I have a blue screen with the message "installing windows 52% Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while" but the circle with the little dots in not moving and there is no indication of activity in the HD drive LED.

What should I do?

:)

rogerO., Apr 29, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 29, 2020
  4. system froze while installing windows from a usb stick image

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

system froze while installing windows from a usb stick image

1. system froze while installing windows from a usb stick image - Similar Threads - system froze while

2. USB stick for System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    USB stick for System Image: I was just about to order a 256GB flash drive, when I took a look at the reviews. There are more than few complaints about them overheating, which causes (a) early total failure or (b) it disconnects before the end of a many-GB transfer. Sandisk seems to be one of the worst...
  3. Simple imaging from a USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple imaging from a USB stick?: Target: Clone simple laptop (Windows 10 & office only) to USB stick, reapply image from stick no technical understanding Background: I am doing some work for a charity who have been given the number of laptops that they want people to use for learning and to access resources...
  4. Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.

Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.: Hello. I have built a desktop computer, and I am trying to install windows 10 on an M2 disk. I still have my system disk from the previous desktop, but as that is an HDD, I want to get rid of it to reduce ambient noise from the computer. I have created a windows 10...
  5. Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?

Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?: Hello, can I simply copy a finished Windows 10 ISO file to a USB stick and then boot with it, or do I need software beforehand that makes the USB stick bootable with the ISO file? ISO-Imagedatei einfach aus USB-Stick kopieren?
  6. Trouble Installing Windows on New System from the Windows 10 USB Stick

Trouble Installing Windows on New System from the Windows 10 USB Stick: I just finished my new system, and was excited to get it up and running. It turns on, everything works, UEFI works, except my Windows USB. That doesn't. I was able to boot from the USB at first to try an install on my SSD. I waiting for "loading files," only to be greeted by...
  7. backup drivers from Windows installation USB stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backup drivers from Windows installation USB stick: I am in the middle of a horrible INACCESIBLE BOOT DEVICE BSOD, and the only good copies I seem to have of drivers I need are the ones from the windows usb installation flash drive. But the response to your command above is: ."Dism does not support servicing Windows PE with...
  8. windows 10 create system image using usb stick

windows 10 create system image using usb stick: Hello, I'm unable to create a System Image to a USB stick (as a network location). I've set this up using instructions I found here (formatting USB stick to NTFS, changing permissions etc) and the backup wizard finds the path for the drive successfully. However when I...
  9. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792
  10. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick: Hi, So, I can't find anything online about this, and I hope someone here can help! I'm building my own PC from scratch, and I want to install Windows 10 Pro, I bought the key and everything seemed OK. When I installed the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft...