Windows 10: SYSTEM (G:) appeared in file explorer after clean install of 1903

Discus and support SYSTEM (G:) appeared in file explorer after clean install of 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone seen this occur, what is it about? It is small in size but I have no idea how or why this showed up. [img] 138549 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hackett, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Hackett Win User

SYSTEM (G:) appeared in file explorer after clean install of 1903

Has anyone seen this occur, what is it about? It is small in size but I have no idea how or why this showed up.

SYSTEM (G:) appeared in file explorer after clean install of 1903 [​IMG]

:)

Hackett, Aug 15, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 15, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    File Explorer

What I saw from the Disk Management, You did not do a clean install, you probably did an in place upgrade. The 100MB System Reserved is normally used in Window 7. For a fresh install the Disk partition scheme should be as follows:
    1. 500 MB System Reserved partition
    2. C- Drive.
    Since you did not have to many apps installed, I would re-install Windows 10 as suggested above. It is better to have your Windows installed on the first sata port (Disk 0) so I suggest to open the case and connect the cable from disk 0 to disk 2 where you have C: drive. Disconnect the other cables for now and do the steps below:
    1. Boot up with Windows installation media
    2. On the first screen. Press SHIFT + F10 and type
      diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. Continue with Installation, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not create partition/format. Let Windows create the needed partitions.
    4. Once done, reconnect the other cables for drive D and E.
    5. Reboot, your Disk 0 should contain 500MB system reserved and C drive.

topgundcp, Aug 15, 2019
  4. SYSTEM (G:) appeared in file explorer after clean install of 1903

File Explorer Closes after search

Your Windows version is 1803, but 1809 and 1903 has been released.

So I suggest you to update to Windows 10 1903 once sfc has ended. You can update manually using Windows Update Assistant:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

Once updated, if all works well, then, you can perform a disk clean up:

1. Open "File Explorer"

2. Click on "This PC"

3. Right click on "C:"

4. Click on "Proprieties"

5. Click on "Clean-up disk"

6. Click on "Clean up system files"

7. Select every option in the list, but not "Download"

8. Click on "OK"

StefanoTamiotti, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

SYSTEM (G:) appeared in file explorer after clean install of 1903

1. SYSTEM (G:) appeared in file explorer after clean install of 1903 - Similar Threads - SYSTEM appeared file

2. Desktop Appear G:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Appear G:\: I don't know What is that. How can I fix it ? İt is a virus or not? I can not open or delete and I didnt see desktop but file explorer say it is in dekstop. Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-appear-g/b673f5be-bb6d-40d7-8448-b9a8daeaf88e
  3. Desktop Appear G:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Appear G:\: I don't know What is that. How can I fix it ? İt is a virus or not? I can not open or delete and I didnt see desktop but file explorer say it is in dekstop. Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-appear-g/b673f5be-bb6d-40d7-8448-b9a8daeaf88e
  4. Desktop Appear G:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. After Update a new Drive called SYSTEM G: appears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Update a new Drive called SYSTEM G: appears: After a Windows 10 update last night, a new drive appeared in File explorer called SYSTEM G: . Other drive letters were changed. Because I have an on line backup I need to keep my drive letters . I had a drive called G, that is now changed to H. When I go into Disk...
  6. file explorer changed appearance after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer changed appearance after update: Hi all. My system auto updated and now my file explorer has changed it's appearance and I hate it. How can I get the old format back? TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-changed-appearance-after-update/3306555e-05f6-438c-87de-66ed2b0cae2c
  7. System file corruption on clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file corruption on clean install: Win10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.267 Here is a guide I have followed and didn't help; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors I ended up creating a bootable usb with MediaCreationTool1903, deleting all partitions and doing a fresh install. After...
  8. clean install of 1903

clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i did clean install of 1903 by chatting with micrsooft techs today and after i did clean install of 1903 today i activate windows and start check for windows update and while updating windows my few updates for windows 10 1903 got failed so i ran update...
  9. clean install of 1903

clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i forgot to disconnect my internet during windows installation of 1903 ,so just asking will it have any issue as i forgot to disconnect my internet.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit 1903...
  10. The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Start Screen After Clean Installing 1903: I clean installed 1903 and the start full screen background is now solid "gray." Under all the settings for Background/Color/Start I do not see anything to change the background for the start screen... I also do not know why it is gray. I messed around with the colors -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 64-bit 1903 bite size reading on c: after clean install