Windows 10: System generated pop-ups menus, options, etc.

Discus and support System generated pop-ups menus, options, etc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 13/09/2020 : Virtually every time I click on the screen system generated pop-ups keep appearing, often obscuring the item I actually want to deal with.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Larry-AV, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Larry-AV Win User

System generated pop-ups menus, options, etc.

13/09/2020 : Virtually every time I click on the screen system generated pop-ups keep appearing, often obscuring the item I actually want to deal with.

It does not matter if I right-click or left-click, these unwanted pop-ups keep appearing and this has been happening for about four days now.

This pop-up error is affecting all areas, Internet, File Explorer, Excel, Notepad, etc., etc.

:)

Larry-AV, Sep 13, 2020

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. System generated pop-ups menus, options, etc.

Pop up blocker

Hi,

Pop-up blocker helps user to prevent pop-ups from displaying in a user's Web browser.

Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Internet Explorer:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Open the gear icon at the upper right of the Internet Explorer.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under Privacy tab, put a check mark on Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
    • Click OK.
    Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Open More (icon with three dots) and select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Turn Block pop-ups to On.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

System generated pop-ups menus, options, etc.

1. System generated pop-ups menus, options, etc. - Similar Threads - System generated pop

2. Windows 11 pushes Russian menus etc., although system language is Lithuanian

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pushes Russian menus etc., although system language is Lithuanian: I am using Lithuanian version of Windows 11:But from time to time the system tries to default to Russian as the main language:I do have LT main, EN and RU keyboard layouts, but dont want any Russian content - how do I remove it and force it to default to Lithuanian/English?...
  3. Windows 11 pushes Russian menus etc., although system language is Lithuanian

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pushes Russian menus etc., although system language is Lithuanian: I am using Lithuanian version of Windows 11:But from time to time the system tries to default to Russian as the main language:I do have LT main, EN and RU keyboard layouts, but dont want any Russian content - how do I remove it and force it to default to Lithuanian/English?...
  4. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  5. Missing TextShaper.dll, blank pop up menus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing TextShaper.dll, blank pop up menus: On start-up, I get a series of warnings about missing textshaper.dll files. I don't know how they went missing. anyway the consequence of it seems to be that a lot of pop up menus appear as blank boxes. How can I repair this?...
  6. Disabling pop-up warnings of missing firewall etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling pop-up warnings of missing firewall etc.: Hello,I`m trying to set up an HMI, chrome in kiosk-mode, for a control system based on windows 10 enterprise 2016 LTSB, version 10.0.14393. One key element of design is to reduce the chance of operator to enter something else then the desired HMI-layout. One big chance of...
  7. Public WiFi Option Not Popping Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Public WiFi Option Not Popping Up: I’m at an airport and while I can connect to the free airport WiFi just fine on my phone, the network won’t pop up as an option under available networks in Windows 10. I can see other networks are available so I know the drivers not broken (I also updated that). Can’t find...
  8. Search Window, Pop Up Menus Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Window, Pop Up Menus Closing Immediately: I’ve had this issue for the past day where if I click on the search bar icon, the power on/off menu, my username to sign out, basically any kind of pop up or drop down menu, it flashes on screen for less than a second. This also happens with search results in the settings...
  9. Pop up menus don't work and haven't for several updates.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up menus don't work and haven't for several updates.: I've been having trouble with all sorts of pop up menus all through Windows, so I've been using the Godmode folder to access old Control Pannel functions to do simple tasks like add Bluetooth Devices. I've only got sick of it today because I can't sign in to Minecraft at all...
  10. unwanted pop up menus

in Windows 10 Support
    unwanted pop up menus: because of my disability I am consistently dragging across a window. this results in menus popping up often in the place that I am trying to work. how do I stop these menus? BTW, it might not make any difference in the solution but I am running Windows 10 on an ASUS Gamer.....