Windows 10: System goes into hibernation for no reason

Discus and support System goes into hibernation for no reason in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Microsoft, are you paying attention to this thread? Systems are hibernating especially directly after we turn them on.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by quackbreath, Feb 1, 2020.

1. System goes into hibernation for no reason

quackbreath, Feb 1, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 1, 2020
  3. BartZorn Win User
    Laptop goes in hibernation without a reason

I am running Windows 10 build 11102, but it happened in earlier builds too.

My laptop goes in hibernation without any apparent reason. I have disabled all possible items about hibernation in advanced power management, except hibernation itself.
    It only happens when the lid is closed. I have configured to do nothing when the lid is closed. It even happens when the laptop is on AC power.

My battery is old and I should replace it. But I have configured to do nothing when the battery level goes to critical, but the laptop is on AC power. What is more, when I remove the battery, the laptop also goes randomly in hibernation.

I do not want to disable hibernation altogether, because I am afraid that the laptop then will simply shutdown.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA,

Bart

BartZorn, Feb 1, 2020
  4. System goes into hibernation for no reason

Hibernating on my XP pro system doesn't work

Can anyone help me please?
    I have just reloaded XP Pro on my system using the same software as before, no new hardware or software has been introduced.

Since doing this the system appears to go through the Hibernation process as it closes, but when I start again by pressing the Power button the system goes through the normal start up, not the quicker hibernate mode.

I have selected Enable Hibernate in the Control Panel>Power options?

Any constructve suggestions out there?

Video Bushy, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

System goes into hibernation for no reason

1. System goes into hibernation for no reason - Similar Threads - System goes hibernation

2. Laptop goes hibernation frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes hibernation frequently: When my laptop charged 100% if my charger is plugged in then laptop goes hibernate automatically. Provided i have set screen off after 5 minutes of inactivity....
  3. Laptop goes hibernation frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes hibernation frequently: When my laptop charged 100% if my charger is plugged in then laptop goes hibernate automatically. Provided i have set screen off after 5 minutes of inactivity....
  4. Laptop goes hibernation frequently

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows goes into hibernating

Windows goes into hibernating: Hello, I have been experiencing this weird situation with my laptop, updated to Windows 10. Whenever I press the power button, it shows that it is starting, then I attend to some other chore and return if it has approached to the lock screen, but no. It has turned off again....
  6. Windows goes into hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows goes into hibernating: Hello, I have been experiencing this weird situation with my laptop, updated to Windows 10. Whenever I press the power button, it shows that it is starting, then I attend to some other chore and return if it has approached to the lock screen, but no. It has turned off again....
  7. Windows goes into hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button, my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  9. Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep

Hibernate doesn't hibernate but goes into sleep: Hello,I have an issue with hibernate, when I hit the hibernate button my laptop does not go into hibernate but it seems like it goes into sleep.This problem does not happen right after a restart but only after the laptop is running for a while.I noticed this when I...
  10. Laptop goes in hibernation without a reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop goes in hibernation without a reason: I am running Windows 10 build 11102, but it happened in earlier builds too. My laptop goes in hibernation without any apparent reason. I have disabled all possible items about hibernation in advanced power management, except hibernation itself. It only happens when the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. computer keeps hibernating