Windows 10: system got automatically updated to win 10 pro from win 10 home without me getting any...

Discus and support system got automatically updated to win 10 pro from win 10 home without me getting any... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Friends, I am using Dell laptop, with factory installed OS i.e. win 10 home. however all of a sudden while I was working , got pop up to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MohitTndn, May 17, 2019.

1. MohitTndn Win User

system got automatically updated to win 10 pro from win 10 home without me getting any...

Hi Friends,

I am using Dell laptop, with factory installed OS i.e. win 10 home. however all of a sudden while I was working , got pop up to activate windows, I got surprised, since mine was pre-installed OEM copy of windows. On checking the properties, found that its now win 10 Pro, and when checking the install date in command prompt, am getting the windows install date of 10 days back. I never knew, how come it took win 10 pro updates. to my surprise, i checked the programs and features, there the original installation dates of the apps are dating back to a year i.e. 2018.......i am constantly getting alerts that the system license will expire after certain number of days......is there a way out that i can get win 10 home, without me need to perfrom a clean OS re-install and application installation. i have lots of apps installed, is there a way out to fix this?

:)

MohitTndn, May 17, 2019

2. Disabling automatic driver updates for GeForce on Win 10 Home

I've run into a problem which I already solved but I wanna ask around to make sure this doesn't happen again.

My GTX 1080 was running perfectly fine on 385.69 drivers, butter smooth for months both on Win 10 Home and 8.1 before. Today I noticed quite a lot of stutter in ME:Andromeda, after a while I saw my driver version was 388.13 which aere notorious for stuttering. The system must've updated the driver automatically. I uninstalled 388.13 and my system reverted back to 385.69 automatically. Everythings run smooth once again.

My question is: how do I stop this from happening again ? I'm okay with automatic updates for the system, chipset,RST and the like but GPU drivers I'd like to always install manually. I did what I found in this article

http://www.itprotoday.com/windows-server/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

but is this going to do what I'm asking for ? I'm a very inexperienced Win 10 user, I've only been on the new system for a month or two. Need advice.

cucker tarlson, May 17, 2019
  3. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, May 17, 2019
  4. system got automatically updated to win 10 pro from win 10 home without me getting any...

Disabling automatic driver updates for GeForce on Win 10 Home

Yes, I don't know what he is on to, I used 8.1 for years (up till October this year) and it never, never did automatic driver updates. I don't know what's wrong with this guy, he's always bitching so much about stuff, and often just making it up. can't even write a senetence without cursing something.

anyway, if there's no easy way to do that on win 10 then I'll just have to remebmer to check my driver version if my games show any malfunctioning.

also, the method I used was this

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10

I copied a wrong link in my OP.

cucker tarlson, May 17, 2019
Thema:

system got automatically updated to win 10 pro from win 10 home without me getting any...

1. system got automatically updated to win 10 pro from win 10 home without me getting any... - Similar Threads - system got automatically

2. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  3. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  4. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: I have win 10 home come with my pc and I wont to upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling the win 10 image, I search a lot for cheaper key and I can't tell if the key for a lifetime or not and some product key tell me that I can't upgrade from home to pro without...
  6. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...
  7. System got automatically updated from win 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    System got automatically updated from win 10 Home to Pro: Hi Friends, I am using Dell laptop, with factory installed OS i.e. win 10 home. however all of a sudden while I was working , got pop up to activate windows, I got surprised, since mine was pre-installed OEM copy of windows. On checking the properties, found that its now...
  8. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: I am having difficulty upgrade my laptop from Win 10 home to Win 10 pro because the Win 10 home licence is a digital licence and my new Win 10 pro licence is a new Product Key licence. I have no idea that they were different. The Win 10 Pro licence is a valid genuine key but...
  9. Update to win 10 pro from win 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to win 10 pro from win 10 home: i can't update my windows, i have a license product key win 10. code 0x803fa067 what i must do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/update-to-win-10-pro-from-win-10-home/39c1608e-59e9-47de-97ae-274a29b087fe
  10. Got Win 10 Home instead of Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got Win 10 Home instead of Pro: Have a HP Spectre x2 laptop/tablet that came with Win 8 OEM installed, updated it to Win 8.1 Pro with one of my MSDN keys and all was Ok. Just recently upgraded to Win 10 and expected to get Win 10 Pro but got Win 10 Home. Don't know if anyone has seen this before but would...