Windows 10: System Guard Runtime Monitor Using Absurd Amounts of RAM

Discus and support System Guard Runtime Monitor Using Absurd Amounts of RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System Guard Runtime Monitor Is using absolutely insane amounts of ram. I have 16 Gigabytes of RAM along with 25 Gigabytes of vRAM, this single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bruhimsodone, Apr 21, 2020.

1. System Guard Runtime Monitor Using Absurd Amounts of RAM

System Guard Runtime Monitor Is using absolutely insane amounts of ram.

I have 16 Gigabytes of RAM along with 25 Gigabytes of vRAM, this single program manages to sometime use 20% of that. I can't click end task on it, it says "access denied", if I restart it stays at a few MB for about 5 minutes then shoots back up to hundreds of MB or even a few thousand. I can't even change its priority in the details menu of the task manager because I again get an "access denied" message.

I have seen this problem in many other forum posts, all of which have incorrect answers that "fix" the wrong problem or don't work at all. Often people have been saying to close the Runtime Broker even though this is a different program and I have not had any problems with it. They also say to close it, which again, doesn't work, as you can close Runtime Broker but not System Guard Runtime Monitor. Even an answer saying to close the task and restart the person's computer when in their question they stated that they couldn't close the task and restarting didn't fix it.

Microsoft, I and probably many others would like an actual method of fixing this from an actual person for this problem.

:)

bruhimsodone, Apr 21, 2020

2. system guard runtime monitor broker using a lot of memory

Recently I have noticed that system guard runtime monitor broker has been using a lot of memory. Restarting my computer temporally fixes a problem but after a few hours it's back to using a lot of memory. I know it should use about 1.2 mb of memory where
    mine is using over a 100 mb. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Mr D. Erasmus, Apr 21, 2020
  3. System (ntoskrnl.exe) using an absurd amount of memory

Process ntoskrnl.exe, listed as System on Task Manager has been using a lot of memory.

System Guard Runtime Monitor Using Absurd Amounts of RAM 714c9055-367c-4700-b51a-b36fc15282d5.png

(Please don't mind the Portuguese...)

I've tried the following:

• Update all drives
    • Run Malware Bytes
    • Run AntiSpyware
    • Increase/decrease the amount of virtual memory (paging)
    These actions reduced the usage for a while, but it always comes back...

My PC:

Ultrabook Lenovo S400u

Windows 10

4 GB RAM

Intel i5 1.7GHz

Any ideas on how to fix this permanently?

aksantana1, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

System Guard Runtime Monitor Using Absurd Amounts of RAM

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

System Guard Runtime Monitor Using Absurd Amounts of RAM

1. System Guard Runtime Monitor Using Absurd Amounts of RAM - Similar Threads - System Guard Runtime

2. Large amount of ram being used nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  3. 'System' Process taking up an absurd amount of disk usage 90% +

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'System' Process taking up an absurd amount of disk usage 90% +: I have tried everything and it remains on 90+% constantly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-taking-up-an-absurd-amount-of-disk/17679472-e483-4bd9-9490-29723f0a1508
  4. Amount of RAM that win10 os is using

Amount of RAM that win10 os is using: why is my system is using so much amount of ram even I am not running any application? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amount-of-ram-that-win10-os-is-using/3bb151ae-70ba-4e2a-8c1a-fc5b3ba9b34b
  5. Weird amount of RAM being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird amount of RAM being used: Hey everyone, So i recently bought more RAM for my work pc. Just did a small upgrade from 4GB to 8GB. I've been using it for like a week now, and every single day i notice that Task Manager shows im using like 50% RAM, but i dont. In these screenshots you can see that Opera...
  6. dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram

dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram: [IMG] Just using Windows normally, then saw this process using a massive amount of ram. Previously it was just lower than 300mb at most times. Any help please? These are my specifications: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHzInstalled RAM: 20.0 GB...
  7. DWM.exe Utilizing an Absurd Amount of RAM? Memory Leak Fix?

DWM.exe Utilizing an Absurd Amount of RAM? Memory Leak Fix?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Ben9096 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldbwbx/dwmexe_utilizing_an_absurd_amount_of_ram_memory/
  8. Chromium using huge amounts of RAM

Chromium using huge amounts of RAM: I just noticed even having one tab open on chromium(dev version) has me using 0.5 GB ram. There are like 14 processes open. What's the deal here or am I mistaken? submitted by /u/Mamba28 [link] [comments]...
  9. system guard runtime monitor broker using a lot of memory

system guard runtime monitor broker using a lot of memory: Recently I have noticed that system guard runtime monitor broker has been using a lot of memory. Restarting my computer temporally fixes a problem but after a few hours it's back to using a lot of memory. I know it should use about 1.2 mb of memory where mine is using over a...
  10. Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU: Hello, i just want to start by saying that i know it may seem like i'm rambling a bit, but i'm very stressed out at the moment. I'm running windows 10 Home 64-bit The process runtimebroker is eating up a lot of cpu for me. I have looked deeply into this problem, but no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system guard runtime monitor high memory