Windows 10: system hang start up

Discus and support system hang start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; error: Exception EExternal Exception in Module WSHelper.exe at000CEDF8, External exception C0000006 How to solve this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jaipault, Sep 8, 2018.

1. jaipault Win User

system hang start up

error: Exception EExternal Exception in Module WSHelper.exe at000CEDF8, External exception C0000006

How to solve this problem

:)

jaipault, Sep 8, 2018
  2. blibba Win User

Mouse stuttering, occasional system hangs

Ok, so a few weeks ago my accommodation block at uni switched to wireless-only networking. I've had to start using a shitty old USB wireless dongle that I have, and since doing so I've been running into a couple of problems. The timing may or may not be a coincidence.

• Every couple of days or so the system hangs. Music keeps playing but the mouse and keyboard do nothing, even when unplugged and plugged back in. The system clock does not advance. The event manager reveals nothing other than the unexpected shutdown.
    • Frequently cursor movement becomes stuttery. This can be fixed by unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in again, or sometimes by banging the mouse on the table.
    My mouse is a Steelseries Ikari Optical, and my crap old USB wireless device is an Edimax EW-7318USg. I've tried various releases of the USB wireless driver to no avail. I've been running my system at stock since the problem started, so as to rule out my overclock as a possible cause. Other system specs are listed as "the one under the desk" in my system specs.

Any ideas?

blibba, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Chester62 Win User
    System Image Recovery Hangs

I discovered that if I wait until the step "Advanced Options" to connect the external drive containing the System Image, and then click on "System Image Recovery", the recovery proceeds normally.

If I connect the external drive before starting the recovery process, that is, before clicking on "Shift" and "Restart", the system hangs when I get to the "System Image Recovery" step.

Chester62, Sep 8, 2018
  4. system hang start up

Right click hangs system - Windows 10 PRO X64

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to
    run System Maintenance troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow the steps below to run System Maintenance troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Troubleshooter in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Select System Maintenance under System options.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Safe Mode.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advance Option.
    • Select Startup Repair.
    • Follow the on Screen instruction.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

system hang start up

1. system hang start up - Similar Threads - system hang start

2. System hangs on start up, shows black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System hangs on start up, shows black screen: Hello,My laptop is not starting properly. I can see a black screen only. The keyboard also is not working. I need to press the start button for few seconds to force shut down the system. If I start it again after that the system works fine. No issue during the running of the...
  3. random hangs starting system win10x64 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    random hangs starting system win10x64 2004: Windows 10 hangs before the login screen every second, third restart. Shows a black screen with a spinning wheel. I turn off the button and the system starts up normally. Then the second or third restart and again hangs on the black screen with the spinning wheel. I did SFC /...
  4. Hangs on start up

Hangs on start up: Windows 10 freezes or hangs on the motherboard screen where you can choose boot options etc... and does not respond to keystrokes. I have to manually restart to progress to the spinning circles and then the computer boots normally. Its been going on for months and is only a...
  5. Windows 10 freeze, system hang up

Windows 10 freeze, system hang up: Hello there, I've got a brand new, whole computer bought in the past week, and I have some weird crahes one in a while. It happens mostly 2-3 times a week, and pretty annoying. Once it happened when I started a game, then it happened when I used Alt + Tab. I am...
  6. sytem starts slow and hangs up easily

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sytem starts slow and hangs up easily: I am on version 19559.1 wihich I downloaded 9 Feb Since I downloaded this version it is difficult to start, hangs up after ten minutes and I need to restart, can not close unless I use on/off button, so how can I remove it. Thanks 150292
  7. SYSTEMS HANGED

SYSTEMS HANGED: MY LEPTOP IS VERY VERY HANG WHEN I UPDATE ANY TYPES OOF APPLICATIN ARE NOT ON AND FULL SYSTEM IS VERY SLOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/systems-hanged/08d47e98-e567-4b10-b49a-e2e37dca81a0
  8. System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up: Hi Everyone, I've been having an intermittent problem where the computer will completely hang -black screen, no mouse/keyboard control, reset button doesn't work, only long hold of the power button turns it off. When this happens the fan also spins up from basically...
  9. Hanging start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hanging start up: I have a issue with windows 10 taking 30+ seconds to load up. It gets stuck on welcome screen and i never used to have this issue before. Here is my logs. It used to take 2-5 sec tops. Bootlog shows multiple times BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED...
  10. System Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Hangs: I have had repeated problems with system hangs since installation on July 29. The latest updates 3pm today have been applied. I have disabled most tasks in startup but so far still getting hangs varying from a few minutes till an hour or more. I have looked at the event logs...