Windows 10: System hangs on start up, shows black screen

Discus and support System hangs on start up, shows black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,My laptop is not starting properly. I can see a black screen only. The keyboard also is not working. I need to press the start button for few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SanhitaDas, May 11, 2021.

1. System hangs on start up, shows black screen

Hello,My laptop is not starting properly. I can see a black screen only. The keyboard also is not working. I need to press the start button for few seconds to force shut down the system. If I start it again after that the system works fine. No issue during the running of the system. It works smoothly. Only issue is after shutting down if I start again after sometime, the machine hangs again and shows a black screen. Please reply me if any other info required. I am attaching here onedrive link of system info - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak2ZACk1Y67FgnK4D6MwQJ3cwtxMPlease help.

:)

SanhitaDas, May 11, 2021

2. Window starts then hangs at black screen

On another window system. The window starts, but it hangs after the window logo with the little dots swirling in a circle. Then it boots to a black screen and just stops. No error code, nothing at all.

I already tried to fix startup repair, sfc /scannow and dism. sfc /scannow says nothing is wrong.

Please help!!!

goldenstar, May 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 11, 2021
  4. hermmie17 Win User

System hangs on start up, shows black screen

Screen goes blue / black on start of atitool

i tried 0.26 and the new beta but its the same... if i start atitool the screen immidiately goes blue or black and i have to reboot... the computer doesnt really hang but the screen seems to be lost.
    any suggestions? i dont have any other programs running, i dont even want to OC my card i just want to have control over the fan speed, i have a x1800xt btw.

hermmie17, May 11, 2021
Thema:

System hangs on start up, shows black screen

1. System hangs on start up, shows black screen - Similar Threads - System hangs start

2. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  3. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  4. Windows Start button not showing up + Black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Start button not showing up + Black screen: Hello! Yesterday i updated to newest Windows 10 version. Then it was it was showing black screen. So i booted to Safe mode to see what is causing the problem but wheb i did that i tried to click Windows 10 Start button and Search. It wasnt working. Today i down upgraded to...
  5. Black Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen on Start Up: As I was booting my laptop up from a Windows update, I encountered a black screen with a cursor. From researching this, I gather this is a pretty common issue with the standard fix being using the task manager to restart the pc. The only issue I’ve been having with that is...
  6. black screen on start up

black screen on start up: This morning when I booted up my Windows 10 PC I got a black screen. There is a cursor on the screen and when I move the mouse the cursor moves. I can access bios and in bios it is evident the keyboard is connected. However, I cannot access any windows function. I...
  7. Won't start up only showing black screen

Won't start up only showing black screen: My laptop has decided as of this morning to not start up every time and when it does it takes over 10 minutes the majority of this time it spends with a black screen whilst the power light is on and indicating a full charge. I have already disabled some start up programs...
  8. system hang start up

system hang start up: error: Exception EExternal Exception in Module WSHelper.exe at000CEDF8, External exception C0000006 How to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-hang-start-up/520f71ab-ef7b-4805-aebb-018f2acdd03d
  9. Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up: Hi, Please can anyone help, not long purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition pre-installed. Going well until recently has started to hang, on the e-mail log-in and password page - got another Outlook user to try too; basically the same. I, get the black...
  10. Window starts then hangs at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Window starts then hangs at black screen: On another window system. The window starts, but it hangs after the window logo with the little dots swirling in a circle. Then it boots to a black screen and just stops. No error code, nothing at all. I already tried to fix startup repair, sfc /scannow and dism. sfc...