Windows 10: System Hangs

Discus and support System Hangs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have had repeated problems with system hangs since installation on July 29. The latest updates 3pm today have been applied. I have disabled most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sanssail, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Sanssail Win User

System Hangs

I have had repeated problems with system hangs since installation on July 29.
    The latest updates 3pm today have been applied. I have disabled most tasks in startup but so far still getting hangs varying from a few minutes till an hour or more. I have looked at the event logs and the last 3 system errors I get before I have to force a power down are:

Last
    ScRegSetvalue failed for failure action "action denied" Event ID 7006 Source: Service Control manager

2nd last
    NET.TCP port sharing service is disable (Renabling does not help) Event ID 7001 Source:Service control managr

3rd last
    WLAN extensibility module failed to start ... athext.dll error code 126 Event ID 1000
    (I believe this has something to do with the Wi-Fi adapter).

Also on many occasions I have had the task manager running and the disk (Crucial MX-100 SSD) shows 100 % active. However there is very little if any disk activity.

I have attached log files, if anybody can help that would be nice.

:)

Sanssail, Aug 4, 2015
  2. hangs Win User

Nokia Lumia 920 Hang

Thanks it worked for me too, mine hanged within two days of purchase.

hangs, Aug 4, 2015
  3. system hanging

None of the antivirus software helped me to stop above problem so had to reset my system...

rahmath3568, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

System Hangs

1. System Hangs - Similar Threads - System Hangs

2. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly: ROG B550F GamingRyzen 3 4100Gigabyte RX570This hang happens anywhere from 10 minutes after boot, to 6 hours after boot. Its bizarre in that everything looks normal, however apps stop fuctioning without "not responding" and windows basically does the same. All windows UI...
  3. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly: ROG B550F GamingRyzen 3 4100Gigabyte RX570This hang happens anywhere from 10 minutes after boot, to 6 hours after boot. Its bizarre in that everything looks normal, however apps stop fuctioning without "not responding" and windows basically does the same. All windows UI...
  4. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue: Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-team-my-laptop-c-drive-is-full-so-my-system-is/58ce006b-9161-4ffa-b609-5a1b63049e87
  6. Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue

Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue: Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-team-my-laptop-c-drive-is-full-so-my-system-is/58ce006b-9161-4ffa-b609-5a1b63049e87
  7. Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 system hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system hangs: Hi, I've had a Windows 11 system running for quite some time, without issue. Last week it started to play up with random lock-ups where the system would just freeze with the mouse stuck where it was, or where I'd come back to it after leaving it over night and it would be at...
  9. Windows 11 system hangs

Windows 11 system hangs: Hi, I've had a Windows 11 system running for quite some time, without issue. Last week it started to play up with random lock-ups where the system would just freeze with the mouse stuck where it was, or where I'd come back to it after leaving it over night and it would be at...
  10. Fluctuating committed memory and system hangs on my Windows 11 laptop after installing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fluctuating committed memory and system hangs on my Windows 11 laptop after installing the...: after the 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 update i'm facing issue with memory the committed memory is 10.3 gb suddenly in is increasing to 15gb and 26 gb.it resulting the laptop hang.before the update when I use chrome...