Windows 10: System Hangs

Discus and support System Hangs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have had repeated problems with system hangs since installation on July 29. The latest updates 3pm today have been applied. I have disabled most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sanssail, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Sanssail Win User

System Hangs

I have had repeated problems with system hangs since installation on July 29.
    The latest updates 3pm today have been applied. I have disabled most tasks in startup but so far still getting hangs varying from a few minutes till an hour or more. I have looked at the event logs and the last 3 system errors I get before I have to force a power down are:

Last
    ScRegSetvalue failed for failure action "action denied" Event ID 7006 Source: Service Control manager

2nd last
    NET.TCP port sharing service is disable (Renabling does not help) Event ID 7001 Source:Service control managr

3rd last
    WLAN extensibility module failed to start ... athext.dll error code 126 Event ID 1000
    (I believe this has something to do with the Wi-Fi adapter).

Also on many occasions I have had the task manager running and the disk (Crucial MX-100 SSD) shows 100 % active. However there is very little if any disk activity.

I have attached log files, if anybody can help that would be nice.

:)

Sanssail, Aug 4, 2015
  2. hangs Win User

Nokia Lumia 920 Hang

Thanks it worked for me too, mine hanged within two days of purchase.

hangs, Aug 4, 2015
  3. system hanging

None of the antivirus software helped me to stop above problem so had to reset my system...

rahmath3568, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

System Hangs

1. System Hangs - Similar Threads - System Hangs

2. System automatically restart and Hang issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System automatically restart and Hang issue.: Dear Team,I have an issue in my laptop with following event IDEvent ID- 1Event ID- 41Event ID- 6008Event ID- 10317Event ID- 10010Event ID- 36871these all errors are occurred in last 7 days time period .if possible please help to find the actual issue cause from software or...
  3. System automatically restart and Hang issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System automatically restart and Hang issue.: Dear Team,I have an issue in my laptop with following event IDEvent ID- 1Event ID- 41Event ID- 6008Event ID- 10317Event ID- 10010Event ID- 36871these all errors are occurred in last 7 days time period .if possible please help to find the actual issue cause from software or...
  4. System automatically restart and Hang issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. A Microsoft Teams ad caused Windows 11 Insider systems to hang

in Windows 10 News
    A Microsoft Teams ad caused Windows 11 Insider systems to hang: When Microsoft revealed that upcoming Windows 11 Insider builds were not exactly as stable as previous builds some time ago, it probably did not have this week's Windows 11 stability issues in mind. Released on September 2, 2021, the latest Insider Builds for the Dev and...
  6. Many times may keyboard or mouse hangs, the system hangs too.

Many times may keyboard or mouse hangs, the system hangs too.: Bellow details of one of critical errors: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-times-may-keyboard-or-mouse-hangs-the-system/ede27582-c412-4b40-9248-033a25ce42b9
  7. System will hang after long run burnIn test tool

System will hang after long run burnIn test tool: System will hang after long run burnIn test tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-will-hang-after-long-run-burnin-test-tool/279c2c79-68d4-4bbb-a634-1dc98cd20eb5
  8. SystemParametersInfo API makes my entire System to gets hanged. Is there any solution?

SystemParametersInfo API makes my entire System to gets hanged. Is there any solution?: Hi MS community,I am using SystemParametersInfo API to set below mouse parameters in my application,- mouse threshold low- mouse threshold high- mouse speedBut sometimes, using this API cause my system to gets hanged. I can't able to take any other applications other than...
  9. System hangs on start up, shows black screen

System hangs on start up, shows black screen: Hello,My laptop is not starting properly. I can see a black screen only. The keyboard also is not working. I need to press the start button for few seconds to force shut down the system. If I start it again after that the system works fine. No issue during the running of the...
  10. Windows 10 Version 20H2 causing system hangs not crashes or BSOD

Windows 10 Version 20H2 causing system hangs not crashes or BSOD: Hi there, I have an odd issue with the 20H2 update for Windows 10. I installed yesterday and almost immediately started having issues as described below. Intermittently the system seems to hang. I can still move the cursor and I can still interact with apps and open the...