Windows 10: system hangs

Discus and support system hangs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the last upgrade, my Acer Aspire keeps hanging on restart. A message saying an error has occurred and it must restart. this happens several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by royedwards3, Oct 23, 2020.

1. system hangs

After the last upgrade, my Acer Aspire keeps hanging on restart. A message saying an error has occurred and it must restart. this happens several times then it hangs. I cannot get it to switch off! Any ideas what is the problem?

:)

royedwards3, Oct 23, 2020

2. system hangs

Let’s run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to perform maintenance tasks and clean up unused files and shortcuts. Please follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type in Troubleshooting and select it from the results.
    • Click View all.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose Try troubleshooting as an administrator and follow the steps.

Keep us posted.

Josette Sal, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 23, 2020
  4. system hangs

Right click hangs system - Windows 10 PRO X64

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to
    run System Maintenance troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow the steps below to run System Maintenance troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Troubleshooter in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Select System Maintenance under System options.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Safe Mode.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advance Option.
    • Select Startup Repair.
    • Follow the on Screen instruction.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

system hangs

1. system hangs - Similar Threads - system hangs

2. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly: ROG B550F GamingRyzen 3 4100Gigabyte RX570This hang happens anywhere from 10 minutes after boot, to 6 hours after boot. Its bizarre in that everything looks normal, however apps stop fuctioning without "not responding" and windows basically does the same. All windows UI...
  3. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly: ROG B550F GamingRyzen 3 4100Gigabyte RX570This hang happens anywhere from 10 minutes after boot, to 6 hours after boot. Its bizarre in that everything looks normal, however apps stop fuctioning without "not responding" and windows basically does the same. All windows UI...
  4. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue: Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-team-my-laptop-c-drive-is-full-so-my-system-is/58ce006b-9161-4ffa-b609-5a1b63049e87
  6. Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue

Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue: Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-team-my-laptop-c-drive-is-full-so-my-system-is/58ce006b-9161-4ffa-b609-5a1b63049e87
  7. Hi Team My laptop C Drive is full so my system is hanging pls resolve the issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 system hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system hangs: Hi, I've had a Windows 11 system running for quite some time, without issue. Last week it started to play up with random lock-ups where the system would just freeze with the mouse stuck where it was, or where I'd come back to it after leaving it over night and it would be at...
  9. Windows 11 system hangs

Windows 11 system hangs: Hi, I've had a Windows 11 system running for quite some time, without issue. Last week it started to play up with random lock-ups where the system would just freeze with the mouse stuck where it was, or where I'd come back to it after leaving it over night and it would be at...
  10. Fluctuating committed memory and system hangs on my Windows 11 laptop after installing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fluctuating committed memory and system hangs on my Windows 11 laptop after installing the...: after the 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 update i'm facing issue with memory the committed memory is 10.3 gb suddenly in is increasing to 15gb and 26 gb.it resulting the laptop hang.before the update when I use chrome...