Windows 10: System High CPU Usage 15%-92% in Task Manager, MiWalkPageTableRecursively in Windows...

Discus and support System High CPU Usage 15%-92% in Task Manager, MiWalkPageTableRecursively in Windows... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I was having a problem with my laptop where my fan would just start going crazy. I looked at the task manager and it said my System was eating up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pleasehelpmethanks_6969, Apr 9, 2020.

1. System High CPU Usage 15%-92% in Task Manager, MiWalkPageTableRecursively in Windows...

Hi, I was having a problem with my laptop where my fan would just start going crazy. I looked at the task manager and it said my System was eating up ~60% of my CPU power. I continued to follow this number over a few days whenever my fan would start getting loud, and it can get up to like 92% power which is insane.

I followed a guide online to trace the function calls on Windows 10 to see what's using so much of the CPU using Windows Performance Analyzer, and I traced most of the count of the calls in a one-minute period to be coming from a thread called "ntoskrnl.exe!MiWalkPageTableRecursively"

I'm familiar with page tables and virtual memory but I have no idea how to fix this problem or why it's happening. I'll include a screenshot of the full WPA tree that led me to this thread.

https://i.imgur.com/x296efx.png
    Let me know if I can post anything else to help.

Windows 10 64-bit

16GB ram

500GB SSD

i7 7500U

Total virtual memory: 20.3GB

Available virtual memory: 2.55GB

Page File Space: 4.40GB

:)

pleasehelpmethanks_6969, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Rb89 Win User

High CPU usage with 'system interupts'

High CPU usage with 'system interrupts'. However, the usage decreases when the task manager is opened. On opening the task manager, the system interrupt is visible for a few seconds and then the CPU usage goes down.

Rb89, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Apr 9, 2020
  4. BorgLinux Win User

System High CPU Usage 15%-92% in Task Manager, MiWalkPageTableRecursively in Windows...

Task manager unexpectadly high CPU usage

This had no effect on the problem, when opening the task manager to view the CPU usage of various processes
    Task Manager initially shows as using at least 15% before dropping to 0.1%.

BorgLinux, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

System High CPU Usage 15%-92% in Task Manager, MiWalkPageTableRecursively in Windows...

1. System High CPU Usage 15%-92% in Task Manager, MiWalkPageTableRecursively in Windows... - Similar Threads - System High CPU

2. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  3. "system" task high CPU usage

"system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  4. "system" task high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  5. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  6. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  7. User high CPU usage task manager

8. The "System" Process in Task Manager Using Unusually High CPU Usage

The "System" Process in Task Manager Using Unusually High CPU Usage: In the past few days I have noticed the System process using a lot of CPU in Task Manager, around25% - 40% CPU usage. Since then I have noticed my fans randomly start spinning a lot when I am doing light tasks, like using Chrome. I am also seeing the blue loading sign next to...
  9. High CPU and Battery usage by Windows System task

High CPU and Battery usage by Windows System task: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron with an i5 processor and 8 gb Ram. Recently I swapped my HDD for a new Samsung SSD because the computer would freeze and my disk usage was perpetually at a 100%. Ever since I reinstalled windows, my laptops battery life has gone from an average...
  10. task manager - local system service host with high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task manager - local system service host with high CPU usage: Can anyone explain what is happening here? From the moment I switch ON my desktop until switching OFF (working for 12 hours) the local system service host is always between 30% to 40% regarding CPU usage. Why? How to stop it? This does not happen in my Microsoft Surface...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system 15% cpu

2. why is service at 15% in task manager

3. system interrupts high cpu in task manager

4. task manager high cpu usage in windows 10