Windows 10: System icon display on taskbar

Discus and support System icon display on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the time system icon on the desktop. How do I get the date to appear there also?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveShaffer2, Sep 21, 2019.

1. System icon display on taskbar

I have the time system icon on the desktop. How do I get the date to appear there also?

:)

SteveShaffer2, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 21, 2019
  3. sfeinst Win User
    Taskbar Icons Display Settings List

When I right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings and then choose "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", the app displays a list of icons that I can turn on and off to appear in the task bar vs the system tray.

There is an app I use CapsLock indicator, which every time I upgrade to a newer version, adds to this list. So now I have 4 copies.

Where is this list stored and how can I remove items from the list?

sfeinst, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

System icon display on taskbar

System tray got error cause system icon missing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the version of Windows 10 you’re running?
    • What happens if you right click in the empty space between the input indication and the icons very next to it?

It appears that there is some icon which is not being displayed. I would suggest to turn off system icons, reboot the computer, then enable them back and let us know the results.

1. Right click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings to open the taskbar settings.
    2. Go to Select which icons appear on the taskbar and Enable Always show all icons in the notification area by toggling the switch to
      On position.
    3. Go back and click on Turn system icons on or off.
    4. Disable all system icons by manually toggling the switches for each individual app/icon to position
      Off.
    5. Reboot the computer and enable (toggle the switches to position
      On) for all the apps/system icons by following the steps 3 and 4 mentioned above and let us know how it goes.

We await your reply.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

System icon display on taskbar

1. System icon display on taskbar - Similar Threads - System icon display

2. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403
  3. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403
  4. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?: Hello! As the title says, is there any way to display the corresponding hotkey on an icon on the taskbar? I'm referring specifically to those next to cortana and task-viewer. For example, when I'm using multiple applications and have to switch between them I sometimes open...
  6. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  7. Certain Taskbar icons not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Taskbar icons not displaying: Very recently, my I noticed that my calendar and mail icons were not showing up on the taskbar, even though they were still fully functional. The icons displayed on the search screen or list of apps or microsoft store, just not in the taskbar. If I create a shortcut on my...
  8. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  9. Taskbar setting - Icons to display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar setting - Icons to display: I installed Chemtable Autorun Organizer, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. It the Taskbar settings, Select which items appear in the taskbar, it is still showing not 1, but 2 instances of "AutorunOrganizer.exc Autorun Organizer (performing 1 task(s)". It doesn't...
  10. multiple display -taskbar and icons

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple display -taskbar and icons: This is hopefully a quick fix. I have my laptop hooked up to a projector. My icons appear on the laptop but the taskbar options (volume, notifications, battery etc) appear on the projector. Using the display settings I can swap the screens but I cannot get the icons to...