Windows 10: System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar

Discus and support System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings! I need help! I am running windows 10 pro with updates Recently i had to force a restart, now the little overflow arrow on the right side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Toeknee420, May 21, 2019.

1. System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar

Greetings! I need help! I am running windows 10 pro with updates

Recently i had to force a restart, now the little overflow arrow on the right side of the taskbar is gone and i am not able to access networking, volume, or any recently opened programs like my VPN. I have tried several fixes listed online, such as turning them on and off in the various settings menus. I have tried exiting explorer and restarting it as well as the pc itself several times.

Basically everything listed here short of the system restore..https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-system-icons-missing-from-windows-taskbar/

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much for your time! Tony

:)

Toeknee420, May 21, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 21, 2019
  3. Taskbar - Hidden Icons Arrow

System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar 0e168e1e5f2b91bda50baa61947e70d0.png

Screenshot - 0e168e1e5f2b91bda50baa61947e70d0 - Gyazo

As you can see here, whenever I click on the overflow arrow to show hidden icons on my taskbar, the menu thing appears behind the taskbar, hiding a few icons. I recently installed a mouse driver, which is hidden by the taskbar and can never access the software
    from here, which is quite annoying, since its the fastest way to open it. I have tried closing some of these apps, but it still appears behind the taskbar, no matter how small it gets. I have also tried changing the size of the taskbar, but nothing has worked.
    Does anyone have a fix?

(Not sure if this matters but I'm using a Dell Inspiron 7577 with Windows 10)

AdamAhmed1, May 21, 2019
  4. System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar

Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 21, 2019
Thema:

System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar

1. System Icons/Overflow arrow missing from taskbar - Similar Threads - System Icons Overflow

2. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  3. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  4. How To Move Icons From Taskbar Overflow to Main Taskbar in Windows 11

How To Move Icons From Taskbar Overflow to Main Taskbar in Windows 11: Somehow, I lost an Icon I had on my Taskbar not taskbar overflow and I again pinned it to the taskbar. My taskbar includes 20 applications on the main taskbar and an additional 15 on the taskbar overflow. Of course, the re-pinned Icon ended up on the taskbar overflow. I wish...
  5. Win 11 Taskbar Overflow option missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Taskbar Overflow option missing: I've upgraded to Win 11 and had the option of using Taskbar Overflow, but this has now disappeared. Why and how do i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-taskbar-overflow-option-missing/ec7647ff-118b-4645-bac4-70e8620616e6
  6. 3 Dots missing when taskbar icons overflow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Dots missing when taskbar icons overflow: Whenever I have too many apps open and my taskbar overflows, the three dots that are normally in the taskbar are not present.Things I have tried1. Restarting2. Running sfc3. Post on this forum...
  7. 3 Dots missing when taskbar icons overflow

3 Dots missing when taskbar icons overflow: Whenever I have too many apps open and my taskbar overflows, the three dots that are normally in the taskbar are not present.Things I have tried1. Restarting2. Running sfc3. Post on this forum...
  8. New News & Weather Icon in Taskbar, Covers Overflow Arrow.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New News & Weather Icon in Taskbar, Covers Overflow Arrow.: A new "News & Weather" icon has appeared in the notifications area of my taskbar.It totally covers / obscures the "Overflow" button up-arrow which I do use frequently to get to hidden buttons like eject ext hdd, and also covers up the speaker volume button.So I had to turn...
  9. No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding: [ATTACH] My tray icons is all like this and wont group up with the arrow how can i fix this ran dism and sfc [ATTACH] Someone please help me out...
  10. icons are missing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    icons are missing from the taskbar: Is Start Menu Troubleshooter still available? I've got the problem where icons are missing from the taskbar but otherwise the system seems fine. I've run /sfc scannow but it's unable to fix the corrupted files. I've run DISM and repaired the component score but it's still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com