Windows 10: System icons won't display

Discus and support System icons won't display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK, so the latest of my problems with Win10, I just got done repairing a Winsock file missing issue, after the reboot the "volume" icon doesn't appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Homer Simpson, Jan 27, 2016.

1. System icons won't display

OK, so the latest of my problems with Win10, I just got done repairing a Winsock file missing issue, after the reboot the "volume" icon doesn't appear at bottom right any more. Volume works fine, and I can adjust it elsewhere, but it will not display. System settings won't let me switch it on. Battery icon and external drive icons are gone too. If anyone can help me it'd be appreciated, thanks! I don't want to just keep rebooting on the off chance that all the problems will solve themselves.

I have no idea why Win10 programmers thought this OS is good. It's a complete crock. Random problems are pretty literally non-stop. I assumed it was supposed to be an improvement from Win7. Is anyone else just having maddening random little problems all the time?

For an example of the amateurism that went into Win10:

System icons won't display [​IMG]

It seems the same level of effort went into the code.

:)

Homer Simpson, Jan 27, 2016

2. volume contol button, windows 10

My volume control button won't display

In settings, 'turn icon systems on or off', the on/off toggle is grey and lifeless

kaywilsonseurat, Jan 27, 2016
  3. RomeoRabbit, Jan 27, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

System icons won't display

There is no Operating System used through out the multiple decades, that has not had issues. The more complex the OS is, the more chances that there will be problems that will occur on end user's machines. That warning is the same reminder that has been out there to help keep the user from being their own worst enemy.

The problems that you think that there are with Windows 10 at this time, are down from the thousands, to below 100. A lot of them are being caused by old archaic hardware. The other is end users upgrading from one OS to 10, with third party Internet Security Software that is incompatible with Windows 10.

It is to the point that all of these so called problems you are talking about, are not as bad as you think. I have had zero issues on a 10 year old Dell Inspiron 537s that is running the latest version of Windows 10.

bro67, Jan 27, 2016
  5. My main issue is that the problems I've had with Win10 didn't occur in Win7, and they're mostly simple "a particular icon won't display" or "I keep selecting an setting and it keeps reverting" issues, which I doubt are hardware related. My laptop's about 6 years old, went from Vista to 7 to 10

But I suppose you could be right

Homer Simpson, Jan 27, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    You are talking Apples and Oranges.

10 is a complete rewrite of 8, from the lessons they learned from XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1.

XP had a ton of headaches, that it cost alot of us to go out and buy new printers, because our existing ones that used to work with 98/98se, would not work.

When 7 came out. Once again we were stuck with having to buy new gear to keep things running.

Now with 10, once again we are right back to the same headaches we had with XP & 7 for the first six months.

Just face the truth that problems will happen. Not everyone is going to get the same issue as another user has.

The biggest thing that we are trying to get people to do, is update their system spec's.

My father had to go out and purchase a new video card for his desktop, because the onboard was incompatible with 10.

The warning messages used to be great in 98. Now we are stuck with these boring ones.

Someone needs to come up with a HAL 2000 or Whopper type of sounds and proper error messages for 10.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System icons won't display

1. System icons won't display - Similar Threads - System icons won't

2. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  3. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  4. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. battery icon displays "no system detected"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery icon displays "no system detected": Hi, I have an IDEAPAD 3 Lenovo Windows 10 and the battery icon on my toolbar states "no system detected". The cross on the battery icon began to display out of nowhere. I uninstalled and then reinstalled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery after restarting my...
  6. Disk Cleanup won't display system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup won't display system files: When I go to Disk Cleanup it will allow me to delete the files it displays, but when I click on "System Files" it changes immediately back to the desktop and I never get back into disk cleanup again to remove the Windows.old and Windows.old.000. Can I just delete the contents...
  7. Disk Cleanup won't display system files

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup won't display system files: When I go to Disk Cleanup it will allow me to delete the files it displays, but when I click on "System Files" it changes immediately back to the desktop and I never get back into disk cleanup again to remove the Windows.old and Windows.old.000. Can I just delete the contents...
  8. display discs in system icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display discs in system icons: I forgot how to display all discs icons in the system i.e. C: , D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-discs-in-system-icons/214c7806-96b9-4d5e-bd22-e9741a4b2385"
  9. Chineese display icon in system tray.

Chineese display icon in system tray.: What looks like the display icon in my system tray is in Chinese. [ATTACH] How to revert to my normal English? Thank you, Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chineese-display-icon-in-system-tray/9e4a4695-d0f0-49b3-8f70-34b418f8476d
  10. System icon display on taskbar

System icon display on taskbar: I have the time system icon on the desktop. How do I get the date to appear there also? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-icon-display-on-taskbar/1fc3754a-6df9-4915-9e12-bd8ca9eee8d9