Windows 10: System Idle Process High CPU Usage

Discus and support System Idle Process High CPU Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Frustrated_694, Jan 11, 2020.

1. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read the same problem of some guy on this kinda forum, and followed his steps. None of them worked and i'm really annoyed by Windows 10. This never happened on Windows 7 and i'm really hoping there is a way to fix this.

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 3,10GHz

RAM:12GB4x3

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5

HDD:1TB

I found out that System Idle Process is taking too much CPU how can I fix this?

Waiting for help.

:)

Frustrated_694, Jan 11, 2020

2. System Idle Process CPU Allocation?

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent advisor and a Microsoft MVP here to help.

System Idle Process, as the name suggests is a process that indicates CPU is idle and is not being used, aka is at rest. This is done to totalize CPU usage to 100 between the processes.

So you do not have to worry about anything.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 11, 2020
  3. system process high cpu usage

Hello,

To fix high CPU usage issue, please refer these steps:

Try to identify the process creating this issue.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft:

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

Run the tool then select the system process, right-click and select Properties.

Switch to the Threads tab. This will show which file is using the excessive CPU usage, from which you can then attempt to diagnose it.

Also refer: [FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 11, 2020
  4. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

High Idle CPU Usage System Interrupts

I know EVERYONE asks "wait, what is this process, how come I'm idling with high CPU usage?!" but I have exhausted all internet solutions I can find here, and I work in IT.

My server at home is an old Lenovo E32 with an i5 4590S, 12GB of DDR3 1600, an EVGA 500W G3 PSU, a GTX 1060 and a decent bit o storage crammed in (2x3tb drives, 1x8TB
    drive, a 256GB boot SSD and a 1TB game storage SSD.

It functions as a remote fileserver, Parsec game streaming PC, Plex server and Minecraft server.

Yet lately when I remote in I have noticed that my overall CPU usage is sitting at about 30%, yet I am doing nothing on the system. I know the 4590S isn't that fast, but I don't know what is going on. The
    only process consuming any CPU usage is System Interrupts, sitting pretty at about 22%. I ran a recommended latency testing tool and it seems like DirectX is the thing causing all the interrupts. Is this normal? I have never seen idle CPU usage like this out
    of a healthy system under no load.

Thanks!

Rowan

HellomanUS, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

System Idle Process High CPU Usage

1. System Idle Process High CPU Usage - Similar Threads - System Idle Process

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  5. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  6. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. high cpu usage from idle system background processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high cpu usage from idle system background processes: (Windows 10 professional ver 20H2, Ryzen 5600x, id cooling se 224 xt cpu cooler, MSI B550-A Pro mobo) I have high CPU usage from background processes which makes my CPU fan run very loud. Whenever I open Processes Explorer or Task Manager to see what is making this happen, it...
  8. High CPU usage of System process when idle

High CPU usage of System process when idle: Hi my pc:108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SS I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 1 month ago with new pc. But have new issue....
  9. High CPU usage of System process when idle

High CPU usage of System process when idle: The System process uses amost a whole thread of CPU after PC is idle for a few minutes, and stops using CPU as far as I do something such as moving mouse or pressing keyboards. I tried to see the CPU usage per thread of System process by using a process explorer running in...
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...