Windows 10: [System Idle Process]What is it? why does it use a ton of CPU?

Discus and support [System Idle Process]What is it? why does it use a ton of CPU? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [img] it does appear to have a directory in the FS i am confused 76878 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MasterAndreas, Feb 8, 2017.

1. [System Idle Process]What is it? why does it use a ton of CPU?

[System Idle Process]What is it? why does it use a ton of CPU? [​IMG]
    it does appear to have a directory in the FS i am confused

:)

MasterAndreas, Feb 8, 2017

2. Why does the system process take so many ram help

the system process is running at 1gb at idle how do i fix this please help me

christiandealino, Feb 8, 2017
  3. HELLLP! Why does my IE 11 have a TON of AMAZON cookies and scripts pre installed in my browser cookie cache? I delete and they come right back!!

HELLLP! Why does my IE 11 have a TON of AMAZON cookies and scripts pre installed in my browser cookie cache? I delete and they come right back!!

No matter what I've tried to do to get rid of them...and there are others pre installed also. COOKIES and I did not visit those sites.

I've tried to opt out of every possible thing on Windows 10 so I will not be harassed by tracking and cookies. It appears that I have no privacy choices because this Windows 10 Acer is set up to thwart all my efforts. What can I do?

WildBoyRocketRoo, Feb 8, 2017
  4. pparks1 Win User

[System Idle Process]What is it? why does it use a ton of CPU?

system idle process is the amount of time your CPU is sitting idle and not doing anything.

pparks1, Feb 8, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    It's exactly what it says it is. Your CPU is idle, doing nothing, for 78% of the time. That added to the all the other running processes totals 100%.

It's the other 22% that should concern you, that is processor usage.

Helmut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

[System Idle Process]What is it? why does it use a ton of CPU?

1. [System Idle Process]What is it? why does it use a ton of CPU? - Similar Threads - System Idle Process

2. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  3. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  4. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Idle Process while CPU under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process while CPU under load: I understand why Task Manager / Details will show System Idle Process taking a large share of the the CPU activity when the CPU activity is very low. But that is not what I am experiencing at the moment.I am currently running some Excel VBA macros, which will take a few hours...
  6. “System” process uses 30%cpu when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “System” process uses 30%cpu when idle: Sometimes the “system” process ( not to be confused with system idle process) will start to use 30% cpu when idle for about 5 minutes. Once I move my mouse, it stops. If I leave it takes about 20 minutes before it stops. I remember I did a complete Windows reinstall (deleted...
  7. ntoskrnl System process using high CPU when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ntoskrnl System process using high CPU when idle: Everytime I left my PC idle for around 10 minutes it causes the System process in Task Manager to go up as much as 60-70% in CPU usage. Once I move the mouse again or do some sort of movement it stops and CPU usage goes back to normal. When I right click the System process...
  8. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Idle Process High CPU Usage: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...
  9. CPU at 100% due to System idle process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU at 100% due to System idle process: I'm wondering why my CPU workload stays always at 95-100% due to System idle process. I can hear the fan spinning at max speed, and it's pretty annoying. Sorry for the italian language in the screenshot. What could be the cause? [ATTACH]...
  10. Why is the Windows System Idle Process using high resources?

in Windows 10 News
    Why is the Windows System Idle Process using high resources?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The System Idle Process is an important aspect of Windows 10, but what’s interesting about it is the fact that from time to time, it tends to use a lot of system resources. We suspect that many users who have [...] This post Why is the Windows System Idle...