Windows 10: System Image back ups windows 10 pro

Discus and support System Image back ups windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The question with no answer ? I've been digging around the internet for awhile trying to get an answer to this question. Months ago I created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThaneLarson, Jul 21, 2019.

1. System Image back ups windows 10 pro

The question with no answer ?

I've been digging around the internet for awhile trying to get an answer to this question.

Months ago I created a system image back up onto a large external usb drive.

After some big updates/upgrades, I decide to create a newer system image back up a few months later

When I save the new system image onto the same external USB drive, the images date doesn't change. So it LOOKS as if the newer image hasn't been saved, even though the whole save procedure of about 5 or 6 hours seemed to have carried out and ended correctly.

So the OLD image is still there with the old backup date on it. OR is it the NEW image with the OLD backup date still on it ?

I COULD assume - after a lot of what I've read on this mater - that the image is NEW, but the date hasn't been changed for whatever reason. But assuming is never good in I.T. work when data saving is important.

In summary, I have an older system image on an external USB drive. I create a NEW system image later on the same drive where the older system image is. The image creation process seems to successfully operate, but the system images date does not change. Does the system image creation process not change the date when it overwrites an older system image ? Or does the newer image even get created when there is an older image on the external drive you're trying to create a newer image on ?

I want to know if the images shown date is relevant or not, when backing up images & overwriting them with new images. If it is NOT, then I won't have to worry about deleting old images etc

I do hope my question is clear enough. Please ask for clarification if needed.

Thanks for any help.

:)

ThaneLarson, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now

Go to [Start, Windows system,] Control panel, Programs & features then take screenshots of the list. I do this twice - once in date order and once in name order.

Denis

4. System Image back ups windows 10 pro

System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

System Image back ups windows 10 pro

1. System Image back ups windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - System Image ups

2. Backing up system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up system image: If I back up a system image on an external storage, will it erase the existing data on the external storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-system-image/8f04a05f-43b6-4633-b212-400d17fd1a81
  3. System Image Back Up Not Working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Back Up Not Working: Hi, I'm trying to do a system image back up with win10 (20H2) on a new install, but I can't get it working. I don't normally have a problem with this procedure. Nothing I do with any internal or external drive allows me to do it. The result is always a message indicating...
  4. Unbale back up a system image

Unbale back up a system image: Keep getting 'check VSS and SPP log. Logs are not helping at all. Error code 0x81000019. I have checked multiple threads and tried starting services, clean book, check **** etc etc. No other language pack installed. I have another PC that has no such problem....
  5. System Image Back Up

System Image Back Up: How should I prepare my hard drive for a system image back up to DVD/CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-back-up/d7cd84c5-5317-451e-8f95-d580a3f22aff
  6. Back Up System Image Failed

Back Up System Image Failed: When I try to backup the System Image to an external hard drive, I get the following error: "Windows backup encountered an error when accessing the remote shared file. Please retry the operation after making sure that the remote shared file is available and accessible...
  7. System Image Back-up Windows 10

System Image Back-up Windows 10: Hi Once a year or so I've been in the habit of making a Systems Image Back-up (to USB Drive) in case my Windows 10 PC dies the death. Am about to do so once more, but seem to recall reading something lately suggesting that either: a) It was no longer necessary with...
  8. Back up System Image

Back up System Image: Hello, I have HP pavilion laptop, and want to make System Image Back up by: Back up and Restore (Windows 7) ==> Create a system image. I have 2 physical disks in my laptop: A- Disk 0 (SSD): Windows(C) + Windows RE tools. B- Disk 1 (HDD): 1- Data (D) 2- HP Factory...
  9. System Image Back Up

System Image Back Up: Trying to do a system image back up on Windows 10.Get error 0x80042302.Shows back up disc disconnected.It is connected.In file history it shows the hard drive any more deals ? 60169
  10. Windows 10 Back up system image issue

Windows 10 Back up system image issue: hello just registered to seek assistance on an issue that is puzzling me I am running windows 10 on a SSD with my media files on several SATA connected 2Tb HDDs. I used the feature in the OS to install programs on one of them, named G in windows explorer. I want...