Windows 10: System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10

Discus and support System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I wish to share this solution that I found from this community credited by Syed Abdul Jabbar that he answered this issue long time ago.(Replied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jine Bunya, Jul 12, 2019.

1. System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10

Today I wish to share this solution that I found from this community credited by Syed Abdul Jabbar that he answered this issue long time ago.(Replied on September 21, 2015) In case you did not see it. However, First before you will do this step, I would like to share a trick to I have done and finally I can solve this issue System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10 :) Please follow me

1 open windows powershell admin System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10 f7aa958d-06e1-4e0b-87d9-b7c9db27229f?upload=true.png

2 type chkdsk /r system will inform you that it will scan and fix disk when next restart

3 sign out and restart

4 I wait system fix about 3 house ago! however it have been fixed successful finally

5 I follow Syed Abdul Jabbar steo as below

Step by Step on how to fix the "The backup failed. New bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed
    up. (0x8078007D)" error.

Close Backup and Restore.
    Delete the Image Back folder (WindowsImageBackup) located in the destination drive.
    Open Disk Management. (Start/Computer/Manage/Disk Management.
    Note the size in GB for the partition (typically C System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10 :) Windows is installed on.
    Right click on the Windows partition (typically C System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10 :) and select ‘Shrink Volume’.
    In the ‘Enter the amount of space to shrink in MB’ box enter the value: 1024 (1.0GB) as shown above.
    Click the ‘Shrink’ button. When the process has completed you will see ‘Unallocated’ space equal to 1.00 GB as shown below.
    Right click on the Windows partition and select ‘Extend Volume’
    Click on the ‘Next’ button in the ‘Extend Volume Wizard’ window. The ‘Maximum available space in MB’ value should be 1024 minus 1 (1023, see step 6 and image below). Click the ‘next’ button to reclaim the unallocated space.

Click the ‘Finish’ button.
    Disk Management should now report the size of the Windows partition equal to what you observed in step #4.
    That’s it, you’re done. You can now run the ‘Backup and Restore’ feature.

This solution may apply to windiws 10 version 1903 System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10 925fea17-9fac-4db8-88d1-2724adb4dcb7?upload=true.png

:)

Jine Bunya, Jul 12, 2019
  2. bgw2go Win User

Windows 10 System Image Backup fails

I have not tried this resolution because of the initial steps I listed in my question. As mentioned in my original statement, I performed a clean install of Windows 10, yet when I tried to restore the computer from a System Image Backup it failed. As I just
    got the computer up and running again with Windows 7, I didn't want to go back and try this fix as I didn't see how it would help as I originally upgraded from a Windows 7 computer that has BIOS, and upon looking at the settings, there is nothing listed about
    EFI.

bgw2go, Jul 12, 2019
  3. win 10 and system image

Hi James,

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps on these links:

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Jul 12, 2019
  4. System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10

Raymond Ave, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10

1. System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System Image Backup

2. Why does System Image Backup fail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does System Image Backup fail?: Win 10 Pro x64 version 22H2. Periodically, I run File History > System Image Backup > Create System Image to a 447 gb external drive that has up to 381 gb free, or has the last backup on it. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it fails early on, with the message below. The...
  3. Why does System Image Backup fail?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does System Image Backup fail?: Win 10 Pro x64 version 22H2. Periodically, I run File History > System Image Backup > Create System Image to a 447 gb external drive that has up to 381 gb free, or has the last backup on it. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it fails early on, with the message below. The...
  4. backup and restore system image fails

backup and restore system image fails: I am having a problem with backup and restore not completing a system image backup. I've researched this problem in this forum and have not found an answer that works. I have an Acer machine running windows 10 Home. It has a 1 TB internal hard drive and a 1TB external hard...
  5. System image backup in windows 10

System image backup in windows 10: For storing system image backup, should I have a separate hard drive dedicated to system image backups? Can i use the hard drive to store any other data? How big would a system image file would be? If I had 50gb worth of data in my system, would the image file also be 50gb or...
  6. Windows System Image backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows System Image backup failing: Win 10 Pro 1904. I run a System Image Backup via File History every week or so, and did so after installing 1904 last week. Today's run is failing. I did swap in a new nonsystem backup HDD earlier today that had been cloned previously and reestablished some drive letters (and...
  7. System image backup failed

System image backup failed: System image backup failed FIRST ATTEMPT The backup failed The operation timed-out before the shadow copy was created on the storage location (0x80780036) Additional Information: The shadow copy provider timed out \while flushing data to the volume being shadow...
  8. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  9. "Create a system image" "The backup failed"

"Create a system image" "The backup failed": Windows 10 Pro Build 1809 fully updated Trying to create a system image. Steps followed: File History - System Image Backup New windows opens - "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" Click "Create a system image" Browse to external USB drive Process commences then this...
  10. System Image Backup failed with odd message

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Backup failed with odd message: I have tried to run a system image backup on my Win10 VM and it fails with an odd message. the location must not be "compressed or encrypted or sparse". Now I understand what compressed and encrypted mean and the location is not those, but sparse? Details Host: Win7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 back up image failed 0x8078007D

2. windows 10 back image failed

3. windows 10 system image error the backup failed new bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed up (0X8078007D)

4. windows 10 backup error 0x8078007d,
  5. error code 0x8078007D