Windows 10: System Image Backup Failure, error 0x800423f3

Discus and support System Image Backup Failure, error 0x800423f3 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've been running two machines with Windows 10 x64 for a while now. I periodically run a system image backup (on each machine) to an external HDD just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by twokatmew, Sep 2, 2015.

1. twokatmew Win User

System Image Backup Failure, error 0x800423f3

I've been running two machines with Windows 10 x64 for a while now. I periodically run a system image backup (on each machine) to an external HDD just as an extra precaution, as I use EaseUS ToDo Backup Workstation 8.6 for my weekly system images. Today I was able to complete the usual system image backup on my desktop (homebuilt Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10 Pro upgraded from Win7) with no issues. My laptop, however, is having troubles. It's a new HP Spectre x360 (Core i7, 8GB RAM) with a clean install of Win10 Home x64. After attempting the system image backup, I get error 0x800423f3. It claims to be a transient error, but no amount of retrying or retrying after rebooting solves the issue. I've checked the event log for SPP and VSS errors, and there are many. Unfortunately when I send the error codes to Microsoft, there is no information available for any of the error codes! Upon running "vssadmin list writers", I find that the following writers are in a failed state (7) due to having timed out: System Writer, WMI Writer, MSSearch Service Writer.

I've googled and googled with no solution in sight. I'd appreciate any and all info on how I might resolve the issue. Thanks so much! *Smile

:)

twokatmew, Sep 2, 2015
  2. mdp1000 Win User

64 bit Windows 10 home, Backup failure. PC is core i7 6820/32 GB Ram.

a backup of my system is failing repeatedly and the error thrown back is error code 0x81000019. "A shadow file could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP" application event logs for more information."

However, on other attempts to create a system image, I got the following error:
    "A Volume Shadow Copy Service operation failed. Please check "VSS" and "SPP" application event logs for more information. (0x807800A1)

Additional Information:
    The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error may not reoccur. (0x800423F3)."

I checked the VSS in services, and is running on automatic, and check dependancy services

Disabled temporarily the firewall

Disable antivirus

Run Chkdsk, with no errors

Unplugged, and replugged the drive, with no luck

Tried to backup to a network drive with no luck either.

My last backup was on 4/15/2017, with no problem

There are no equipment, or software changes since then.

Any and all input will be appreciated

Thank you Microsoft

mdp1000, Sep 2, 2015
  3. bamjam14 Win User
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7) failing on Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10, my backup using (Backup and Restore (Windows 7)) has been failing. It continues to fail when it is trying to create the system image on the EFI System Partition. The error message states: "The backup was not successful.
    The error is: There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set. (0x807800C5)." I have read other posts about this error, and none of them fix my issue. If I run the backup without creating a system image, the backup
    runs successful. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

bamjam14, Sep 2, 2015
  4. twokatmew Win User

I don't know what caused the problem to start, nor have I found a solution. But ... I restored an EaseUS backup image, and fortunately I can now create Windows system image again.

twokatmew, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

1. System Image Backup Failure, error 0x800423f3 - Similar Threads - System Image Backup

2. Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E: I was trying to make a system image in Windows 10 with the feature called Backup and Restore Windows 7. So I bought an external drive for this. This was done to prepare for Windows 11 on a new computer. So I got this error and it was an easy fix at least for me,All I did was...
  3. Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E: I was trying to make a system image in Windows 10 with the feature called Backup and Restore Windows 7. So I bought an external drive for this. This was done to prepare for Windows 11 on a new computer. So I got this error and it was an easy fix at least for me,All I did was...
  4. Backup or System Image failure while running backup. Error Code: 0x8078011E

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fix System Image Backup error 0x807800A1, 0x800423F3 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix System Image Backup error 0x807800A1, 0x800423F3 on Windows 10: If when you attempt to create a system image backup on your Windows 10 PC, but the operation fails with the error codes 0x807800A1 & 0x800423F3, then this post is likely to help you. In this post, we will offer the most suitable solutions to this issue. [ATTACH] When you...
  6. System image backup

System image backup: I have a windows 10 pro PC and I recently replaced my main 2TB HD with a 3TB using GPT and cloned my drive with no problem, I also installed a 3TB drive and formatted it using GPT as a way of doing a system image, which I had previously gone to a 2TB HD. Since this change...
  7. system image backup

system image backup: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  8. System Image Backup Failure

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Backup Failure: My searches have not turned up anything about this. On my computer, attempts to create a backup fail repeatedly, with these errors: Error encountered when writing data to backup target (0x80780166) System cannot find the file specified (0x80070002) I have deleted the...
  9. system image backup, 807800c5 error

system image backup, 807800c5 error: hi, i have a problem with windows system image backup. my OEM windows 8.1 was installed on normal HDD with mbr partition config. so i bought an SDD make an image back up from my drive c. and then use windows DVD to recover(install) the image on new SDD. now after i...
  10. failure in the backup image

failure in the backup image: having problems creating an image of my system. [img] in searching for the error on the net I come up with these so called microsoft partner ads for software. could someone assist? Shipinomore sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. 47286

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x800423f3 system image