Windows 10: System image backup

Discus and support System image backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a msi laptop that don't have a dvd drive, when i use my system image backup it keeps asking me to create a system repair disk but i can't create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LasiBoy, Feb 18, 2021.

1. LasiBoy Win User

System image backup

I have a msi laptop that don't have a dvd drive, when i use my system image backup it keeps asking me to create a system repair disk but i can't create becuse i don't have a dvd drive so how do i get rid of this problem plz help !!

Thank you

:)

LasiBoy, Feb 18, 2021

2. Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 18, 2021
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Feb 18, 2021
  4. System image backup

System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

System image backup

1. System image backup - Similar Threads - System image backup

2. Windows System Image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows System Image backup: I want to create a System Image backup of my PC running Windows 10. The hard disk has no partitions, its a single drive with 57 GB used. I am planning to use a 1 Tb external HDD for the backupWill my external HDD get formatted during the backup process?How much space...
  3. System Image Backup Drives

System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  4. System image backup

System image backup: I have a windows 10 pro PC and I recently replaced my main 2TB HD with a 3TB using GPT and cloned my drive with no problem, I also installed a 3TB drive and formatted it using GPT as a way of doing a system image, which I had previously gone to a 2TB HD. Since this change...
  5. system image backup

system image backup: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  6. System image backup question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System image backup question: Hello, I bought an external 1TB drive, to make a system image backup (which is in progress as we speak). The backup should be somewhat around 350 GB. Can I use the remaining space for my purposes, or will that be a problem when I eventually will have to restore the backup?...
  7. System image backup

System image backup: I am trying to backup system image onto SD card formatted to NTFS but windows does not consider this as suitable. Can anyone assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-backup/9057d22e-bbcf-4007-bee5-9891199b3084
  8. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...
  9. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  10. System image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image backup: Hey guys. Sorry if this ain't the proper section. I'm trying to back up a system image on windows 10 but every time it gives me an error saying the backup failed and that "The specific backup storage location has the shadow copy on another volume." (0x80780038)." I've looked...