Windows 10: System Image "Failed"?

Discus and support System Image "Failed"? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I created a system image in windows 10 to backup on my external drive. Its was about 80% done before I left for the night. However, when I came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by spacecub, Jan 9, 2019.

1. spacecub Win User

System Image "Failed"?

Hello. I created a system image in windows 10 to backup on my external drive. Its was about 80% done before I left for the night. However, when I came in this morning, I found that the backup had "failed" becasuse "new bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed up. (0x8078007D)". My question is did it still create a usable system image on my external drive? Looks like it did copy almost all of the backup, but would I be able to use that to restore my computer if needed? Or do I have to do another entire backup? And if so, how can I fix this? Thanks.

System Image "Failed"? [​IMG]

:)

spacecub, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

System Image "Failed"?

1. System Image "Failed"? - Similar Threads - System Image Failed

2. System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10: Today I wish to share this solution that I found from this community credited by Syed Abdul Jabbar that he answered this issue long time ago.(Replied on September 21, 2015) In case you did not see it. However, First before you will do this step, I would like to share a trick...
  3. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  4. Attempt to create a system image fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Attempt to create a system image fails: I am new to Windows 10. I just tried, for the first time, to use the legacy "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" to create a system image on an external hard drive. The creation failed with an error: The backup failed. A Volume Shadow Copy Service operation failed. Please check...
  5. "Create a system image" "The backup failed"

"Create a system image" "The backup failed": Windows 10 Pro Build 1809 fully updated Trying to create a system image. Steps followed: File History - System Image Backup New windows opens - "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" Click "Create a system image" Browse to external USB drive Process commences then this...
  6. System image restore fails

System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  7. Backup/System Image options keep failing

Backup/System Image options keep failing: Having some trouble trying to create a system image of my system as I'm getting a "Server execution failed (0x80080005)." error that whatever I try just seems to remain unaffected. I've tried sfc /scannow to resolve issues, checked permissions, but I'm getting nowhere...
  8. System Image Backup failed with odd message

System Image Backup failed with odd message: I have tried to run a system image backup on my Win10 VM and it fails with an odd message. the location must not be "compressed or encrypted or sparse". Now I understand what compressed and encrypted mean and the location is not those, but sparse? Details Host: Win7...
  9. System image restore failed, BIOS/UEFI

System image restore failed, BIOS/UEFI: I'm trying to restore my system to its previous state with a system image that I created in Windows 10. The system image is on an external hard drive. When I boot into my Windows installation flash drive, which I used to install the operating system, I get an error. It says,...
  10. System Image Restore Fail

System Image Restore Fail: Hi All, I had to wind my OS back to windows 7 using recovery media because a system image I created with the backup and restore tool in windows 10 failed to restore. The system image was on an external hdd but it could not be found when plugged into a USB port. I'll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows system image backup failed due to clusters

2. system image failed