Windows 10: System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT

Discus and support System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying the backup and restore system image backup I get the error “the backup failed” due to a device error, suggesting to run check disk. Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KoliMEGA, Feb 17, 2022.

1. KoliMEGA Win User

System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT

When trying the backup and restore system image backup I get the error “the backup failed” due to a device error, suggesting to run check disk. Error code 0x8007045D. Ran check disk and no issues. Bought a new external to backup to, and same issue.Then tried with Macrium Reflect, and same problem, saying “MFTcorrupt, error code 6”This all started happening after upgrading to windows 11. I had issues installing and had to convert the hard drive from MBR to GPT to enable safe boot on my motherboard. I was able to successfully upgrade but it was in Initially giving me problems.Anyone know how to

:)

KoliMEGA, Feb 17, 2022
  2. Kol12 Win User

MFT Corrupt.

Twice in the last month or so I've noticed my Macrium images have been failing due to MFT Corrupt error. Does anyone have any idea why the MFT would be corrupting?

System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT [​IMG]

Kol12, Feb 17, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    MFT Corrupt.

The logs may have reports about the problems: corruption, fails, errors, crashes, etc.

The diskparinfo should allow future steps to check the file systems on other partitions.

zbook, Feb 17, 2022
  4. Kol12 Win User

MFT Corrupt.

Will work on it.

Kol12, Feb 17, 2022
Thema:

1. System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT - Similar Threads - System Image Failing

2. Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.: I am trying to clone my partition on windows bootcamp using AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.13.1 however it keeps coming up with the error "Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system." I have already tried CHKDSK.EXE in CMD and reinstalling windows however this...
  3. Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.: I am trying to clone my partition on windows bootcamp using AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.13.1 however it keeps coming up with the error "Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system." I have already tried CHKDSK.EXE in CMD and reinstalling windows however this...
  4. Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT: When trying the backup and restore system image backup I get the error “the backup failed” due to a device error, suggesting to run check disk. Error code 0x8007045D. Ran check disk and no issues. Bought a new external to backup to, and same issue.Then tried with Macrium...
  6. System image fails to restore image.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System image fails to restore image.: I am trying to restore a system image on my computer but I cannot understand why it keeps failing. Previously I had no problems in restoring a system image. The following error message is displayed instead: “The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  7. MFT Corrupt.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MFT Corrupt.: Twice in the last month or so I've noticed my Macrium images have been failing due to MFT Corrupt error. Does anyone have any idea why the MFT would be corrupting? [img] 174934
  8. Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth: Hi helpful people, I am having a problem with corrupt files on my new laptop. I have followed the tutorials - sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, etc - but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I've included some extracts of the log files, and hope...
  9. Location of MFT and MFT Zone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Location of MFT and MFT Zone: Hi I am using an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1909 recently updated.. I use Raxco Perfect Disc 14 Professional to defrag my hard disc drive and note that recently the visual display of the Hard Drive Blocks which it provides show that the MFT Blocks...
  10. System Image "Failed"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image "Failed"?: Hello. I created a system image in windows 10 to backup on my external drive. Its was about 80% done before I left for the night. However, when I came in this morning, I found that the backup had "failed" becasuse "new bad clusters were found on the source volume. These...