Windows 10: system image & files backup stopped working

Discus and support system image & files backup stopped working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been getting a code error ox8007000E when I try to back up to an external hard drive. All tabs are disabled in Windows 10 back up window. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnaJones2, Mar 13, 2019.

1. system image & files backup stopped working

I have been getting a code error ox8007000E when I try to back up to an external hard drive. All tabs are disabled in Windows 10 back up window. There is plenty of room on the external hard drive and I am able to save other files to it, so it cannot be the problem, it must be a system error, can you help please?

:)

AnnaJones2, Mar 13, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 13, 2019
  3. System images and backups.

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; if a copy of C drive on any external storage media/system partition cannot be used for system recovery purposes. You need to create System image backup using File history.

To create system image on Windows 10 follow the below methods.

• Type File history in the search area on the taskbar and select File history.

• Click on System image backup on the left bottom corner of the Window file history Window.

• Click on Create System Image on the left panel of the System Image backup windows.

• Select the driver, where you want to Create system Image.

• Follow on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 13, 2019
  4. 'Mike P Win User

system image & files backup stopped working

Windows 10 backup - Data file backup vs System image

fwiw

SystemImageBackup folder if I recall correctly here, it only has the System Images.

On my computer the Backup file history used to go to a folder named either mike or the computer name of T520.

Your question about deleting files, I'd have no problem deleting them - probably no use to you anyways. The System Images contain everything they contain & you can browse inside the system images and copy files that you may need someday.

Microsoft suggests you stop using the old control panels windows 7 backup method.

'Mike P, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

system image & files backup stopped working

1. system image & files backup stopped working - Similar Threads - system image files

2. System Image vs File Backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Image vs File Backup?: Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit for this, but after fiddling around with the Windows File System backup and having it run into a bunch of issues, I finally decided to get the Macrium Reflect software. Now that I have easier access to making a system image though, I’m...
  3. System image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image backup: I have a msi laptop that don't have a dvd drive, when i use my system image backup it keeps asking me to create a system repair disk but i can't create becuse i don't have a dvd drive so how do i get rid of this problem plz help !! Thank you...
  4. Backup system image plus Users files

Backup system image plus Users files: When setting up Backups for the first time I was given the option of system image only or system image pus Users files. I chose the latter, but I want to change to system image only. But I can't find that option now. How do I change to system image only?...
  5. System image backup

System image backup: I have a windows 10 pro PC and I recently replaced my main 2TB HD with a 3TB using GPT and cloned my drive with no problem, I also installed a 3TB drive and formatted it using GPT as a way of doing a system image, which I had previously gone to a 2TB HD. Since this change...
  6. system image backup

system image backup: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  7. System image backup

System image backup: I am trying to backup system image onto SD card formatted to NTFS but windows does not consider this as suitable. Can anyone assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-backup/9057d22e-bbcf-4007-bee5-9891199b3084
  8. File History vs System Image Backup

File History vs System Image Backup: Hi! I have a question regarding File History vs System Image Backup, that I haven't been able to find online unfortunately. System Image Backup is something that I understand can be scheduled to ones needs, daily, weekly or so forth, and can be done on specific folders...
  9. System image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image backup: Hey guys. Sorry if this ain't the proper section. I'm trying to back up a system image on windows 10 but every time it gives me an error saying the backup failed and that "The specific backup storage location has the shadow copy on another volume." (0x80780038)." I've looked...
  10. System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10: Hi, A few days ago I discovered I had some corruptive files preventing me from Updating successfully. So, after much hair-pulling I did a Windows 10 reinstall via a USB Flash Drive while Windows was running and it was successful thanks to some talented folks on this forum....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stoped restore of system image