Windows 10: System Image in a partition

Discus and support System Image in a partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible to create a system image into a partition that is in the same physical hard drive? So if I have Drive C with the OS, and Drive D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrayanCastillo503, Apr 13, 2020.

1. System Image in a partition

Hi,

Is it possible to create a system image into a partition that is in the same physical hard drive?

So if I have Drive C with the OS, and Drive D with nothing in it, can I create a system image and put it into Drive D?

:)

BrayanCastillo503, Apr 13, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 13, 2020
  3. scomage Win User
    Exclude partition from system image.

I have two drives in my system.

Disk manager details - The first drive has 3 partitions:

• System Reserved (System, Active, Primary)
    • Windows 7 (Page File, Primary)
    • Data Partition 1 (Primary)
    The second drive has 2 partitions

• Windows 10 (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary)
    • Data Partition 2 (Primary)
    The first data partition has user profiles and shares used for both operating systems. The second data partition is just extra space to hold data temporarily.

This being said, I would like to create a system image with everything but the second data partition. However, it shows up as a system partition in the system image creation module. If fact, all the partitions except Windows 7 show as system and are default
    selected and cannot be deselected.

Why does the second data partition show as system? Can I remove the system attribute? I have made sure nothing on this volume is indexed and that it does not contain any page, hibernation, or other system files. One of the folders is compressed, but that
    is the only thing special on the volume.

scomage, Apr 13, 2020
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

System Image in a partition

Is there a way to shrink the partition size of a system image?

I made a noob mistake and forgot to shrink the partition size of a system image that I intended to clone to another PC. I made the image this morning and just went to clone it now and realized it won't fit on the SSD I have in this computer. I don't have access to the original PC right now to shrink the partition and recreate the system image. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?

OrbitzXT, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

System Image in a partition

1. System Image in a partition - Similar Threads - System Image partition

2. Win10 System Image Trouble + Possible Partition Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 System Image Trouble + Possible Partition Problems: After a recent mobo/proc/ram upgrade I can no long do a System Image. I get the error "No items specified to be backed up." Previously my PC crashed and failed to boot after my attempt to fix this with some partition tool, not sure which or what I did. After recovering...
  3. hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .: What exactly would happen if turned TimeFreeze on, installed an imaging program (or used a portable application) and hot imaged my system partition, saved the image to another non shadowed partition? 169157
  4. How to copy my System Image to a recovery partition

How to copy my System Image to a recovery partition: Hi, My system OS disk is 256 Gb SSD partionned as follow: 260 Mb Healthy EFI System Partion; 118 Gb NTFS Healthy Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition; 1000Mb Healthy Revovery Partition Is it possible to copy/move my System Image to this Recovery Partition....
  5. Secondary partitions are marked as System meaning I cannot create a System Image

Secondary partitions are marked as System meaning I cannot create a System Image: Hello, I'm trying to create a System Image on a 500GB partition on a 4TB hard drive. I only want to backup the C drive. When I go to create the System Image, I see that Windows wants to include the C, D and E drives and has marked them all as "System". The E Drive...
  6. Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image

Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image: Thanks to this site I am regular Macrium user for System Images. I have read here that it is a good idea to split your OS (C Drive) and your music/docs/videos (to say D Drive) into separate partions. This results in a faster System image to create and restore due to the...
  7. Imaged partitioned Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Imaged partitioned Drive: I Acronised my Hard Drive (boot drive) which is 500 Gig to my SSD. Don't ask me why ASUS had it partitioned (as it does my second 500 Gig Drive). Here's what I see when I go to Windows Explorer. The SSD is obviously a clone of my HD, which SSD (C:\) is now showing 122 Gigs...
  8. Image of two partitions

Image of two partitions: I've a SSD with windows 10,other SATA HD with programs. Is it possible to create an single image of both systems for future restoring purposes? Thanks 52679
  9. Configuring System Image on Recovery Partition

Configuring System Image on Recovery Partition: Hello - I have just done a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro to my reasonably old hardware. I am running a boot loader called Clover which emulates EFI and Windows 10 has therefore been installed to a GPT disk. I manually configured the partitions according to this:...
  10. Moving System Reserved partition to a different drive | [image]

Moving System Reserved partition to a different drive | [image]: I currently have one drive that contains a System Reserved partition (which includes the boot files). The status is System, Active, Primary Partition. I have another drive with the C: partition. The status is Boot, Page File, Active, Crash Dump, Primary Partition....