Windows 10: System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now

Discus and support System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have read that Microsoft has deprecated System Image Builder but has not set a date for its removal. I wonder if anyone knows if I can create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lynnea1941, Apr 26, 2019.

1. System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now

I have read that Microsoft has deprecated System Image Builder but has not set a date for its removal. I wonder if anyone knows if I can create a system image now, and then use the image even if I later can no longer create a system image with Windows.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Just a way to figure out if I need to get a substitute for a new system image software or can I live with creating a new image now and monitor the removal date.

I'm new to all this so any help you can provide will be appreciated.

:)

Lynnea1941, Apr 26, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now

1. System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now - Similar Threads - System Image usefulness

2. Restoring system using system image windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring system using system image windows 10: when restoring computer from system image in windows 10, does the target drive have to be at least the same size as the drive containing the image. I'm getting contradictory answers from various forums. also does it have to be an external drive ?...
  3. System Image Recovery using NAS

System Image Recovery using NAS: Win 10 v1803 Recovery Environment Dell 7720 and 7710 WD MyCloud EX2 NAS I have been working on restoring a system image from a network attached storage device. For the average user, it's okay (and probably recommended) to restore the image from an external hard drive....
  4. Windows 10 System Image

Windows 10 System Image: Hi, I bought a new laptop from Currys in the UK, and the sales person there was insistent that I needed to pay them to supply a system image on a memory stick, and of course pay. I declined their offer, and have a couple of questions: 1, Do I really need to create a...
  5. windows 10 create system image using usb stick

windows 10 create system image using usb stick: Hello, I'm unable to create a System Image to a USB stick (as a network location). I've set this up using instructions I found here (formatting USB stick to NTFS, changing permissions etc) and the backup wizard finds the path for the drive successfully. However when I...
  6. How To Use System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How To Use System Image: Hello All, I made a system image of a new computer of my programs and files and I had anther computer that needed service. I just got the computer back from service and the hard drive was wiped. Now I want to restore the system image to the repaired computer. The system...
  7. windows 10 system image

windows 10 system image: Hi a few months ago I created a system image from my Windows 10 Tablet. Eventually I extracted the image using 7zip. There seemed to be an image inside for every partition. Since I only wanted to keep a backup of my personal files, I only kept the image of the main...
  8. Behavior of Windows 10 system imaging

Behavior of Windows 10 system imaging: I have a new desktop with a 500 GB SSD [C:], a 2 TB HDD [D:], and a 2 TB HDD [Q:]. C: is the boot drive, and it contains most of the apps, along with anything that requires speed. 191 GB consumed D: contains some big items that are not as speed critical. 345 GB...
  9. Move Windows to new drive using a system image

Move Windows to new drive using a system image: Hi all! My C drive, an old SSD, appears to be reaching its end of life. I am occasionally running into complete system freezes after which I have no other choice than to hit the physical reset button. I would like to move the current Windows installation over to my...
  10. Windows 10 System Image

Windows 10 System Image: I would like to create a complete system image using the built-in Windows 10 image backup. I understand how to do this onto an external hard drive. I also understand that I can create a bootable flash drive there as well. But do I have to create this flash drive or could I...