Windows 10: System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now

Discus and support System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have read that Microsoft has deprecated System Image Builder but has not set a date for its removal. I wonder if anyone knows if I can create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lynnea1941, Apr 26, 2019.

1. System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now

I have read that Microsoft has deprecated System Image Builder but has not set a date for its removal. I wonder if anyone knows if I can create a system image now, and then use the image even if I later can no longer create a system image with Windows.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Just a way to figure out if I need to get a substitute for a new system image software or can I live with creating a new image now and monitor the removal date.

I'm new to all this so any help you can provide will be appreciated.

:)

Lynnea1941, Apr 26, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now

1. System Image in Windows 10 usefulness now - Similar Threads - System Image usefulness

2. Windows 10 System image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 System image: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to create Windows 10 system image backup but it takes much space same asin my C Drive. Is there any to compress system image or another way or third party tool?...
  3. System Image Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Windows 10: Can you put a System Image created in Windows 10 Back up and restore windows 7 and put the image onto a USB thumb drive?My drive is like 70 GB in sizeI was in Best Buy yesterday and I saw a USB thumb drive that was 128 GB in size and would easily fit the file sizeJust want to...
  4. Using the image from create a system image.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using the image from create a system image.: I used the backup tool to "create a system image" I have it on a USB. How do I use it when I need it? I am envisioning a total failure of the system and having to start from boot up. But I would guess it can and will be a less catastrophic thing if I do get a failure. so how...
  5. Use System Image restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use System Image restore: I had done a fresh install around middle of May. Kept MS out of it during install. Result was Administrator Account which I later hid, Me as Administrator local, Tester local, and Me with MS account. Setup backups and SR and C as system, D as programs, and E as data. A few...
  6. Use of system image

Use of system image: If restoring a system image made from an old computer to a new computer, are new drivers installed automatically for the new hardware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-system-image/756d10d7-7042-4113-9fbf-757b84193c20
  7. How to use Systems Image Backup feature in Windows 10?

How to use Systems Image Backup feature in Windows 10?: I want to back up my data of all the accounts at once present in my laptop. How to use the System Image Backup feature to backup data of all personal accounts in my laptop?...
  8. Restoring system using system image windows 10

Restoring system using system image windows 10: when restoring computer from system image in windows 10, does the target drive have to be at least the same size as the drive containing the image. I'm getting contradictory answers from various forums. also does it have to be an external drive ?...
  9. windows 10 create system image using usb stick

windows 10 create system image using usb stick: Hello, I'm unable to create a System Image to a USB stick (as a network location). I've set this up using instructions I found here (formatting USB stick to NTFS, changing permissions etc) and the backup wizard finds the path for the drive successfully. However when I...
  10. How To Use System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How To Use System Image: Hello All, I made a system image of a new computer of my programs and files and I had anther computer that needed service. I just got the computer back from service and the hard drive was wiped. Now I want to restore the system image to the repaired computer. The system...