Windows 10: System Image question

Discus and support System Image question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to make a system image, but to get to the option to make one I have to go into Backup and Restore (Windows 7). My Previous OS was Win7 but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Karizma, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Karizma Win User

System Image question

I want to make a system image, but to get to the option to make one I have to go into Backup and Restore (Windows 7).

My Previous OS was Win7 but I deleted the .old folder left behind, will there be any issues if I make the image here regardless if it says windows 7 or not?

:)

Karizma, Aug 7, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User

System Image Question

You can put your system image onto your 1tb drive or a 128gb drive or probably into a 16 or 32gb usb thumb drive as long as the system image fits.

My windows 10 C drive is about 120gb, the C: drive used space is about 25gb but the system image made with a 3rd party tool is about 10gb and its on a 128gb thumb drive with backups to it one day per week, and also a separate backup image into the 60gb
    E: partition 2days per week. And there also is an original copy of its first system image on a 250gb SSD attached to my wifi access point.

If I were to have drive failure in my laptop, as long as the drive bought to replace it is equal to or larger than my dead drive, that system image will work to give me windows 10 back & all my files that on my dead C: Drive.

'Mike P, Aug 7, 2015
  3. System Image Question

I've read online (so it must be true!!) that in order to restore from a system image both hard drives need to be exactly the same size.

Is this true? I'd like to put mine on a 1tb drive but my PC is 500mb

Thanks!

Normal_user2018472, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

System Image question

I'd recommend using Macrium Reflect Free instead and write the image to an external USB hard drive.

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    No you won't have any problems, the image will be fine. However make a rescue CD and check it can be seen I had to enable system restore that the upgrade of windows 10 disabled before my images could be seen by the rescue CD.

Bazz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Image question

1. System Image question - Similar Threads - System Image question

2. System image and pc login question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image and pc login question: I have a new laptop. I used microsoft when first opening new laptop. I also added a login password for the laptop. I then made a system image, then installed a few programs and made a second image. I had a fan issue so dell technician came and changed the fan and motherboard....
  3. System image and pc login question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image and pc login question: I have a new laptop. I used microsoft when first opening new laptop. I also added a login password for the laptop. I then made a system image, then installed a few programs and made a second image. I had a fan issue so dell technician came and changed the fan and motherboard....
  4. hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    hypothetical question on imaging the system partition .: What exactly would happen if turned TimeFreeze on, installed an imaging program (or used a portable application) and hot imaged my system partition, saved the image to another non shadowed partition? 169157
  5. System image backup question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System image backup question: Hello, I bought an external 1TB drive, to make a system image backup (which is in progress as we speak). The backup should be somewhat around 350 GB. Can I use the remaining space for my purposes, or will that be a problem when I eventually will have to restore the backup?...
  6. Reinstall System Image Question

Reinstall System Image Question: Reinstall System Image Question – When saving a system image in Windows 10, it saves it as “Windows Image Backup.” I then add the date to the listing and save it. Therefore, I have a list of backups that read like “Windows Image Backup 9-4-19.” So, this is my question. If I...
  7. Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image

Question on Seperate Partitions & System Image: Thanks to this site I am regular Macrium user for System Images. I have read here that it is a good idea to split your OS (C Drive) and your music/docs/videos (to say D Drive) into separate partions. This results in a faster System image to create and restore due to the...
  8. Question About Create System Image

Question About Create System Image: If you create a system image using Create System Image in Backup and Restore and save it to an internal hard drive in an enclosure connected via usb, can you just use that as a replacement hard drive and just replace your current hard drive and use the one the System Image is...
  9. System Image Question

System Image Question: When I go make a system image in Windows 10 and I am at the window "Which drives do you want to include in the backup" I see that EFI System is selected, OS (C) (System) is selected and also WINRETOOLS (system) is selected. There is also a RECOVERY (l) but it is NOT selected....
  10. question about a system image

question about a system image: I have a asus laptop i couldnt get my printer to work. well it came down to i have been infected with some very bad trojans and virus. they couldn have fixed it for 109 bucks but i dont have that kind of money. I have system Image on a external hdd. If i put that on my laptop...