Windows 10: System image restore EFI & BIOS conflict

Discus and support System image restore EFI & BIOS conflict in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created my system restore image on the computer I'm now using a Dell 1525. The original hard drive with this computer was 80 gig and I upgraded to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Diana-Morrissey, Jan 10, 2020.

1. System image restore EFI & BIOS conflict

I created my system restore image on the computer I'm now using a Dell 1525. The original hard drive with this computer was 80 gig and I upgraded to a 180 gig. My BIOS recognized the 180 gig hard drive but Windows did not, therefore my computer was still slow

I just installed a 1tb hard drive hoping that I could readjust the system to recognize the one terabyte hard drive to speed up my computer. Unfortunately using my original system image restore CDs the error I'm get says the image was created on a computer using EFI and this computer is using bios. I created these CDs on this computer so I don't know how to fix this error.

:)

Diana-Morrissey, Jan 10, 2020

2. windows system image backup and restore

Hi Danny,

Based on the screenshot you included on your message, the system image you're using was created on a computer using BIOS and the computer using EFI, thus causing conflict completing the restore process. You must change the BIOS settings of the computer first
    to be able to complete the restore process. We suggest contacting the manufacturer support of your computer to assist you configure the BIOS from EFI to legacy boot mode.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jan 10, 2020
  3. JimGager Win User
    error when trying to restore a system image backup. It says backup was created with BIOS and this system is EFI will not restore

I had a processor fail causing my MBR to be corrupted. I did not have an SRD for this system. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro 64 bit from your site. I have a good backup of the system but version 1809 of Windows will not perform a system image restore. I download
    windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1803 to resolve the restore problem. Now what I get is an error message sayin Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS and this computer
    is using EFI. Please help me get my original files restored. Thank you.

JimGager, Jan 10, 2020
  4. System image restore EFI & BIOS conflict

System image restore fails

I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full.

1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image.

2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB.

3. I boot up using the USB and attempt to restore the image.

I receive the following error -

Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS and this computer is using EFI.

It's the same machine. I tried the same steps listed in this Microsoft Community question

here
    . Didn't work.

1. I went into the BIOS and disabled Legacy Support so it would boot up in UEFI.

2. And vice versa, re-enabled it.

3. Tried it with Secure Boot disabled as well.

I'm not understanding why this is happening as everything has been done on the same laptop.

Any ideas before I have to go out and purchase third party imaging/restore software?

Thanks.

Eddie Ponce 1, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

System image restore EFI & BIOS conflict

1. System image restore EFI & BIOS conflict - Similar Threads - System image restore

2. System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict: Please help:I was using a 1T SATA HDD as the system disk on a computer that has a 1T SS HDD.I made an image disk and tried to restore it into the SS HDD to make it the system disk, but got the following error:"The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  3. System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict: Please help:I was using a 1T SATA HDD as the system disk on a computer that has a 1T SS HDD.I made an image disk and tried to restore it into the SS HDD to make it the system disk, but got the following error:"The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  4. System image restore failed due to EFI-BIOS conflict

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bios won't use EFI System image to restore backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios won't use EFI System image to restore backup: I'm trying to upgrade my ssd. I have a system image, but it's an EFI system image. when I try and run the backup/restore from a windows bootable usb, I get an error saying the restore failed because Bios can't/won't run an EFI file. How can I get this to work?...
  6. Bios won't use EFI System image to restore backup

Bios won't use EFI System image to restore backup: I'm trying to upgrade my ssd. I have a system image, but it's an EFI system image. when I try and run the backup/restore from a windows bootable usb, I get an error saying the restore failed because Bios can't/won't run an EFI file. How can I get this to work?...
  7. Bios won't use EFI System image to restore backup

8. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".: When I created a System Image for backup and tryed to restore the system Image, I received the following warning and the restoration failed. "Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS...
  9. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".

The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".: When I created a System Image for backup and tryed to restore the system Image, I received the following warning and the restoration failed. "Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS...
  10. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".

Users found this page by searching for:

1. image restore windows 10 efi bios

2. the system image restore failed efi