Windows 10: System Image Restore Failed 0x80070057

Discus and support System Image Restore Failed 0x80070057 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have 2 SSDs in RAID 0 with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed. I tried to make a system image using the windows backup utility, then disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by MME1122, Mar 24, 2020.

1. MME1122 Win User

System Image Restore Failed 0x80070057

Hi guys,

I have 2 SSDs in RAID 0 with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed. I tried to make a system image using the windows backup utility, then disable the RAID array, reformat, and restore to one of the SSDs. At this point I realized I needed to shrink the partition first. I have the image on a 1 TB hard disk in the computer.

However, I rebuilt the array and now I can't restore my image, I get an error that the parameter is incorrect (0x80070057). This happens right at the very end of the restore. I'm using a USB stick with the windows recovery environment on it, created with the backup utility in windows. I tried the method of pulling out the USB stick once the recovery environment is loaded. I also tried running diskpart clean, same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

MME1122, Mar 24, 2020

2. System Image restore fails: "0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Hello,

The Error code 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect can be caused by an corrupted restore file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please tell us all the troubleshooting steps you've done so we can avoid repeats.

Devlin Sco, Mar 24, 2020
  3. redhonker Win User
    Windows system image restore failed. The parameter is incorrect. Error code 0x80070057

But you are sending me back into my original problem. If I boot from USB installation disk, I got the error at the end of restore

Windows system image restore failed. The parameter is incorrect. Error code 0x80070057

redhonker, Mar 24, 2020
  4. rutra80 Win User

rutra80, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. System Image Restore Failed 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - System Image Restore

2. System Image Restore Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Restore Error 0x80070057: I have run into this error 0x80070057 while trying to recover my hard drive after a different blue screen error. The message is that the "parameter is incorrect" paraphrasing as I don't have it in front of me, but the hex error code above is correct.Is there any way to get...
  3. System Image Restore Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Restore Error 0x80070057: I have run into this error 0x80070057 while trying to recover my hard drive after a different blue screen error. The message is that the "parameter is incorrect" paraphrasing as I don't have it in front of me, but the hex error code above is correct.Is there any way to get...
  4. System Image Restore Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System image fails to restore image.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System image fails to restore image.: I am trying to restore a system image on my computer but I cannot understand why it keeps failing. Previously I had no problems in restoring a system image. The following error message is displayed instead: “The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  6. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  7. HELP!! Win10 System Disk Image Restoration Fail (0x80070057)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HELP!! Win10 System Disk Image Restoration Fail (0x80070057): Hi, everyone! It's been forever since I've been here, so please forgive my evidently-first-post call-for-help. I was in the process of migrating my system from a 500GB SSD to a 1TB SSD, and through that simply using the Windows in-built Disk Image Backup utility that was...
  8. Windows 10 Pro System Image Restore Failed Parameter is Incorrect (0x80070057)

Windows 10 Pro System Image Restore Failed Parameter is Incorrect (0x80070057): Although this issue has been happening for a while I only encounter it this week while trying to restore a system image backup on my WD 500Gb system hard drive to a brand new Seagate HDD of the same size. I did this backup was because the WD drive started to give me a...
  9. System image restore fails

System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  10. 0x80070057 error at the end of system image restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    0x80070057 error at the end of system image restore: A couple of days ago I made a system image backup (there were no error messages that it was unsuccessful), now I need to restore it, I boot Windows 10 DVD, point to a network location and start the restore, but after an hour or so, at the end it errors with "0x80070057:...