Windows 10: System image restore failed with error: 0x807800B8

Discus and support System image restore failed with error: 0x807800B8 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All , I have CISCO Blade physical server. I have taken baremetal and data drive backup of the server. While restoring it from the network I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BaneeshSingh, Sep 25, 2019.

1. System image restore failed with error: 0x807800B8

Hello All ,

I have CISCO Blade physical server. I have taken baremetal and data drive backup of the server.

While restoring it from the network I am getting this error. System image restore failed with error: 0x807800B8 441d4fa4-a75d-40ce-b036-d44f7b046657?upload=true.jpg

When I try to do restore from another disk within the same Server, it work fine.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

BaneeshSingh, Sep 25, 2019

2. System image fails: error code 0x807800B8 "the post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed.

Hi folks I hope someone can help:

Windows 10 OS

1. System died and wouldn't reboot

2. Using repair disk I attempted a system image restore. Got error code 0x807800B8 "the post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. at the end of the attempt.

3. Selected Reset with keep data

4. Reset worked as expected but all my apps like MS Office etc were missing (again as expected)

5. Decided that the reset should have fixed the driver issue so went back to Image Restore. This time I selected the option "Format and repartion disks"

6. At the end of the image restore I still got "error code 0x807800B8 "the post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed."

7. Now I no longer have the option to reset as I no longer have an operating system the format etc having seen to that.

If I can't solve the problem:

error code 0x807800B8 "the post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed.

Then I'm in very deep water.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks in advance.

DavidMason5, Sep 25, 2019
  3. microstof Win User
    The system image restore failed. The post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. (0x807800B8)".

Hello,

Thank you for your answer and your time.

I had already read this post when searching a solution on the Internet. It doesn't work.

Yes VSS is running. No boot problem.

My PC and all programs run well and very fast.

However I don't find the possible "corrupt files" mentioned after running sfc/ scannow:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For

example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not

supported in offline servicing scenarios."

Some friends tried sfc/ scannow ... and they received the same message. I'm sorry that they are unquiet because of me!

I tried to restore image. I don't understand this message: "The system image restore failed. The post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. (0x807800B8)".

And when it says that "restore failed" it is not true: I have to re-update some programs.

I wish to find a precise Microsoft explanation of (0x807800B8); and how to repair exactly this error.

Or these error messages are errors?

Best wishes.

microstof, Sep 25, 2019
  4. microstof Win User

System image restore failed with error: 0x807800B8

The system image restore failed. The post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. (0x807800B8)".

Original Title: Image restore failed

After doing sfc / scannow I received this message:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For

example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not

supported in offline servicing scenarios." I tried to repair. No good solution on the Internet

I have an excellent Image and I launched Image restore ... and for the first time it failed and displayed this message:

"The system image restore failed. The post-recovery operation to install drivers in the offline operating system failed. (0x807800B8)". No good solution on the Internet.

I wish to understand this message.

Does anyone knows about it?

microstof, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

System image restore failed with error: 0x807800B8

1. System image restore failed with error: 0x807800B8 - Similar Threads - System image restore

2. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image restore failed: Hi,My system image restore failed. It’s says “error details:the value is protected by secure boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted. 0x80071145 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-restore-failed/4bfcc4c2-8deb-4e2b-809d-e756520e00a6
  3. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image restore failed: Hi,My system image restore failed. It’s says “error details:the value is protected by secure boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted. 0x80071145 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-restore-failed/4bfcc4c2-8deb-4e2b-809d-e756520e00a6
  4. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image restore failed: Hi guys,I don't know if someone have problem like mine, because from what I can search, there may be almost similar issue but none of the solution works for me so if you guys have any idea, please help meContext: I am upgrading my HP laptop by adding a new SSD disk 240gb for...
  5. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image restore failed: Hi guys,I don't know if someone have problem like mine, because from what I can search, there may be almost similar issue but none of the solution works for me so if you guys have any idea, please help meContext: I am upgrading my HP laptop by adding a new SSD disk 240gb for...
  6. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System image fails to restore image.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System image fails to restore image.: I am trying to restore a system image on my computer but I cannot understand why it keeps failing. Previously I had no problems in restoring a system image. The following error message is displayed instead: “The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  8. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  9. System image restore fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  10. System Image Restore Fail

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Restore Fail: Hi All, I had to wind my OS back to windows 7 using recovery media because a system image I created with the backup and restore tool in windows 10 failed to restore. The system image was on an external hdd but it could not be found when plugged into a USB port. I'll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x807800b8