Windows 10: SYSTEM IMAGE - Will I need to create a new system image each time I want to update its...

Discus and support SYSTEM IMAGE - Will I need to create a new system image each time I want to update its... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello at Microsoft. I have just created a system image for my laptop - Windows 10. The `Dummies` book recommends a regular update... weekly /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StewartLiebenstrudel, Oct 9, 2019.

1. SYSTEM IMAGE - Will I need to create a new system image each time I want to update its...

Hello at Microsoft.

I have just created a system image for my laptop - Windows 10.

The `Dummies` book recommends a regular update... weekly / monthly, etc.

Will new data be added to the existing system image OR must I delete it and create a NEW system image each time I have changed data on the laptop ?

Regards from sunny Spain

Stewart

:)

StewartLiebenstrudel, Oct 9, 2019

2. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Oct 9, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    AndreePin, Oct 9, 2019
  4. SYSTEM IMAGE - Will I need to create a new system image each time I want to update its...

Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

SYSTEM IMAGE - Will I need to create a new system image each time I want to update its...

1. SYSTEM IMAGE - Will I need to create a new system image each time I want to update its... - Similar Threads - SYSTEM IMAGE need

2. create system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create system image: just updated to win 8.1 difficulty in find how to do a system image for future recovery. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image/97d4d168-ad0f-4b73-9126-deada0a14ede
  3. create system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    create system image: I just got a new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. How do i create system image or repair disc so i can reload Windows if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image/85580817-ed8a-415b-8225-143159961fff
  4. Create system image

Create system image: I have heard roumors that the function "Create System Image" that is included in Windows 10 will be removed soon. Can anyone tell me when Microsoft intends to remove this function from Windows 10? Kind regards...
  5. Create System Image

Create System Image: Hi there I am trying to create a system image of my primary drive. This includes 3 partitions: EFI System Partition, System C: and a hidden recovery partition. The problem is that in drives selection page I don't see the recovery partition as you can see in the photo....
  6. Creating a system image

Creating a system image: Hi, I wanted to create a system image . I have some screen shots for the issue.Note that this has not been an issue before 2004 version. As you can see in the screen shots "Back up and Restore" includes D: in system but in the computer management it is not a...
  7. I need a hard drive to create a system image.

I need a hard drive to create a system image.: I'm trying to backup everything Windows 10, personal files, etc. but I don't think I have enough space with Blu-Ray discs so I need a hard drive to save a system image to. I'm using the Windows 7 option in Windows 10 Pro. The hard drives, however, don't show up. I think it's...
  8. CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE

CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE: Trying to create a system image for my Windows 10 desktop to a usb 3.0 flash drive formatted for NTFS as required. Receiving an error message "the drive is not a valid backup location". Can anyone help?...
  9. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...
  10. Creating a System Image

Creating a System Image: When I try to create a system immage, it starts then error 0x800706ba appears and it stops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creating-a-system-image/9877495c-d9a8-47dd-8847-de3fb145c981