Windows 10: System Image with Portable Base Layer

Discus and support System Image with Portable Base Layer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing Sandbox, when I do a system image backup the backup does not let me include the Portable Base Layer (which Seems to have automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr.Jess, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Dr.Jess Win User

System Image with Portable Base Layer

After installing Sandbox, when I do a system image backup the backup does not let me include the Portable Base Layer (which Seems to have automatically been created after I installed the windows 10 Sandbox). So I can backup as a system image only the 3 'real' partitions that Windows 10 made. My question is, what if I had to recover from that backup? Would it successfully recover my disk? What state would the sandbox be in?

Windows 10 Professional, 64 bit.

:)

Dr.Jess, Sep 15, 2019

2. System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Sep 15, 2019
  3. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Sep 15, 2019
  4. System Image with Portable Base Layer

System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

System Image with Portable Base Layer

1. System Image with Portable Base Layer - Similar Threads - System Image Portable

2. Paint Layers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Layers: Hello.I would like to know what to do with the Layers I've created on Win 11 Paint?After many attempts I have managed to enter pictures into several layers but now don't know what to do with them. I've tried the instructions I found to merge them down and save them but all I...
  3. Paint Layers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint Layers: Hello.I would like to know what to do with the Layers I've created on Win 11 Paint?After many attempts I have managed to enter pictures into several layers but now don't know what to do with them. I've tried the instructions I found to merge them down and save them but all I...
  4. System Base Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Base Driver: I have never seen or heard of a "System Base Driver". That is until just recently. I decided to perform a clean install of Windows 10. I didn't think that I would have problems with a new Asus Tuf Gaming Z790 Plus WIFI motherboard. The board was manufactured and purchased in...
  5. Base system updates

Base system updates: I`ve been trying to update the base systems on my laptop for a few weeks now with no luck at all. When I run a check in the windows update it shows that I`m up to date even though the base system section still shows ' ' sign on it. Kindly advise, What do I do?...
  6. Base System Device

Base System Device: HI after I reinstall Windows 10 missing drivers for Base System Device,in Device Manager,apreciat any help,thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/base-system-device/7498b204-94e5-483e-8104-dcaeef0dd562
  7. Layers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Layers: Will a layer sistem be added to 2D projects too in the near future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/layers/27f9f144-647f-4b2e-acf7-8d65b8fec9ab
  8. base system device

base system device: how do I download or get this device working again, I just bought this computer?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/base-system-device/4be9bbfc-8e35-49e4-a2f2-5219ee588d32
  9. System image back up error on another HDD portable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image back up error on another HDD portable: [img] Please help me about this, i try to create a backup image on another HDD portable and I found this error 112531
  10. Universal recovery and portable Windows system

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Universal recovery and portable Windows system: Hi folks Using a VM you can make a really good bootable portable system which can be used also as a recovery toolbox - even when if using a Windows host the system won't boot. Here's what to do. 1) ensure you have a SATA-->USB3 connector and an SSD - an old 120GB one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. portable base layer

2. win10 system image portable base layer

3. portable base layer windows 10

4. portable baselayer,
  5. portAblebaselayer