Windows 10: System Image

Discus and support System Image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi. I have a SSD in my Acer Aspire E 17 laptop and I am trying to restore a system image to it. I continue to receive an error stated the following: No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by deanie44, Nov 1, 2017.

1. deanie44 Win User

System Image

Hi. I have a SSD in my Acer Aspire E 17 laptop and I am trying to restore a system image to it. I continue to receive an error stated the following: No disk can be found for recovery. I have read some articles and they say that the SSD has to be twice the size of the image. The SSD is 240GB and the system image is 43.24GB. I do not understand what the problem is. Can someone please assist me with this problem. Any help will be appreciated. deanie 44

:)

deanie44, Nov 1, 2017
  2. dharge Win User

System Image failure with error: The system image restore failed. Error details: The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)" on Windows 10

Here's my issue in a nutshell. Had an issue with my HP Envy 17 Leap Motion. I have Windows 8.1 upgraded to 10. Made a system image disk on an external hard drive and sent the unit back to HP for repair. HP had to replace the motherboard and some other small
    issues. Got the system back and attempted to re-load the system image disk and got the following messages - "The system image restore failed. Error details: The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)"

Tried to do a recovery and got this message:

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0x000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device, contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer."

(btw...I have installation DVD and a USB recovery drive)

Next it was suggested I reset the PC. I got this message:

"The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."

Have no clue how to do that.

I hope I've give you enough information to offer a suggestion.

Original title: System Image failure

dharge, Nov 1, 2017
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    System Image Restore Does Not Find System Image In System Image :D Drive, External Drive, Etc. Windows 10 Pro V1709 64 Bit

Hi Luis,

This might be caused by a corrupted file. Do give us an update once you're done with the disk cleanup so we can provide further assistance.

If the issue persists, if it is the system image for Windows 10, try downloading a new installation media that you can use through this
    link.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 1, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

System Image

You dont say what your using for this a 43 gig image could be compressed so could be a lot bigger or its looking for a blank partition it woulldalso happen if you are trying to run it in windows as it couldnt overwrite a live system you would need to boot from dvd or usb

Samuria, Nov 1, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Delete Windows partition (N drive) first.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Image

1. System Image - Similar Threads - System Image

2. Create System Image of External Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create System Image of External Drive: My mother's Dell 5566 laptop died mid-use last week - pretty sure it's the mobo. She hasn't backed up recently so she wants to do that before she takes it in to get fixed I'm working on it with her remotely. Got her a SATA cable to check it using another laptop and it's...
  3. CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE

CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE: Trying to create a system image for my Windows 10 desktop to a usb 3.0 flash drive formatted for NTFS as required. Receiving an error message "the drive is not a valid backup location". Can anyone help?...
  4. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: What does it do and how do I used ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-recovery/67abca7a-9aa8-4309-bfc3-9fc7cf299d02
  5. Restore System Image From External Hard Drive

Restore System Image From External Hard Drive: Ok, so here's the situation... I'll start out with the fact that I'm somewhat tech savvy. I'm 36, and have been working on computers since I was 6. I taught myself BASIC at 10. I'm no expert, but I'm not your average user. I normally search for my solutions on the internet,...
  6. recovery system image repair disk

recovery system image repair disk: I have a Dell 7010 with current updates for win 10. I purchased two new 250g hard drives. I used the system repair disk to install my system backup on the first one. Witch seemed to work fine. when I tried to put the system on my second new hard drive the repair disk will...
  7. restore system image/blue screens have changed

restore system image/blue screens have changed: I have an up to date Windows as of Feb 2020 including 1909 upgrade. I wanted to restore my system from a system image created with the "Windows 7 backup/restore utility". I create such images every 2 months or so, and I thought I would be well protected. So yesterday I...
  8. Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up.

Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up.: UBJECT: Backup Failure OS: Window 10 Pro 64-bit latest update Computers afflicted: Dell Mobile Precision 7510 workstation. Dell Precision 5820 Tower workstation Problem: Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit: fails backup to system image & fails file back up. Both backup and...
  9. Not enough back up space for system image. Is it optional?

Not enough back up space for system image. Is it optional?: There's not enough space on my external drive to back up my files AND a system image. I've deleted all but one backup and it has a system image. The Control Panel back up info doesn't include how NOT to make a system image with the back up. I can fix the space later but I...
  10. How to use Systems Image Backup feature in Windows 10?

How to use Systems Image Backup feature in Windows 10?: I want to back up my data of all the accounts at once present in my laptop. How to use the System Image Backup feature to backup data of all personal accounts in my laptop?...