Windows 10: system immage backup

Discus and support system immage backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when i create and back up a system image and file history are my installed software programs ,applications & data being backed up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarveyKornblau, Jun 24, 2019.

1. system immage backup

when i create and back up a system image and file history are my installed software programs ,applications & data being backed up?

:)

HarveyKornblau, Jun 24, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Jun 24, 2019
  4. system immage backup

Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

system immage backup

1. system immage backup - Similar Threads - system immage backup

2. How to restore system immage to different drive on same pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore system immage to different drive on same pc: Dear Sir/MadamHelloI have win11 23H2 insatlled on ssd disk1, how with system immage tool restore it on different ssd disk0 on same pcalso tried to make system immage on usb flash, system responded the devie is not a valid backup locationattached screenshutsThank youOsama Ali...
  3. How to restore system immage to different drive on same pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore system immage to different drive on same pc: Dear Sir/MadamHelloI have win11 23H2 insatlled on ssd disk1, how with system immage tool restore it on different ssd disk0 on same pcalso tried to make system immage on usb flash, system responded the devie is not a valid backup locationattached screenshutsThank youOsama Ali...
  4. can't complete system immage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't complete system immage: HelloI have windows 11 Pro 23H2 when trying to make system immage give an errorattached screenshuts Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-complete-system-immage/89b96255-5ff9-4468-9c2c-d3218519c1cd
  5. can't complete system immage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't complete system immage: HelloI have windows 11 Pro 23H2 when trying to make system immage give an errorattached screenshuts Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-complete-system-immage/89b96255-5ff9-4468-9c2c-d3218519c1cd
  6. System backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System backup: 1 Does system image backup your entire system including the operating system? I bought a new drive and wanted to backup my old drive before replacing it.. If I do a system image backup... does it also backup the Windows OS? If system imaging does not backup my OS and my...
  7. System image backup

System image backup: I have a windows 10 pro PC and I recently replaced my main 2TB HD with a 3TB using GPT and cloned my drive with no problem, I also installed a 3TB drive and formatted it using GPT as a way of doing a system image, which I had previously gone to a 2TB HD. Since this change...
  8. system image backup

system image backup: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  9. System Backup

System Backup: How do I backup a program database onto One Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-backup/abca02aa-4e69-4e3c-ae9d-1f735d263b1c
  10. System Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Backup: After spending two days to get my computer reprogram after a Diskpart failure I want to do a backup on the drive. Is the Windows10 backup good to use,or do I need something else. If I do a complete backup can I restore it to another formatted drive ?. Need a better way of...