Windows 10: System info at the Lock/Login screen: e.g. IP, HostName...

Discus and support System info at the Lock/Login screen: e.g. IP, HostName... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there! I've got a Windows domain: Win2k12 R2 AD server + 200+ Windows 10 PRO workstations. There is a way to add custom message on the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LPervak, Jun 20, 2016.

1. LPervak Win User

System info at the Lock/Login screen: e.g. IP, HostName...

Hi there!

I've got a Windows domain: Win2k12 R2 AD server + 200+ Windows 10 PRO workstations.

There is a way to add custom message on the login screen.

So I was wondering is there any way to display system info at the Lock Screen or at Login screen?

Registry, Group policy, Control panel and additional settings? Or even BgInfo For Lockscreen edition?))))

It's very useful to see Hostname and its IP even before logging in.

Did somebody tried to do this?

:)

LPervak, Jun 20, 2016
  2. sysinit Win User

How do you use WI-FI ? on n80 ?

Yo,

You get this error when the phone is not able to resolve the hostname to an IP address.
    E.g.
    www.google.com
    == 66.249.89.99.

Did you try Opera Mini via your WLAN? Does it work?

Cheers.

sysinit, Jun 20, 2016
  3. sysinit Win User
    n80 no gateway reply problem!

Hi,

You get the 'no gateway reply' when the phone is not able to resolve the hostname to an IP address. E.g. www.google.com == 66.249.89.99.

Did you try Opera Mini via your WLAN? Does it work?

May be you need to manually enter the DNS server, the guy that does the resolve for you.

Cheers. ^_^;

sysinit, Jun 20, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

BgInfo does not and cannot run on the login screen. Due to the security implications there are strict requirements for software that can run do this. Malicious software running here could potentially steal user login credentials and that would be a huge security problem.

The only software I have heard of that does this is mentioned in this thread:
    http://www.eightforums.com/software-...n-program.html

I know nothing of this software other than what is in the thread but it appears to be a part of a larger software package and likely expensive.

LMiller7, Jun 21, 2016
  5. KarlVL Win User
    Actually, GBInfo has an option to update the background image on the logon screen. Not sure if this works properly on Win10 though. (On my work machine I apparently do not have access to the registry settings for this.) Will test on my personal this evening.
    Security wise: As I understand it, BGInfo will only update the background image being used by the lock screen. And this is happening when someone logs on. So it's not running before a user has logged in, or anywhere the login screen.

KarlVL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System info at the Lock/Login screen: e.g. IP, HostName... - Similar Threads - System info Lock

2. Hostname and IP address on Windows 11 network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hostname and IP address on Windows 11 network: HI,Could anyone explain to me why I cannot access my storage Western Digital NAS MyCloudHome via the hostname while it is fully possible via the IP address 192.168.0.39. The connection is always ending with an error 0x80070035. .I tried all the possible tests and parameters...
  3. Hostname and IP address on Windows 11 network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hostname and IP address on Windows 11 network: HI,Could anyone explain to me why I cannot access my storage Western Digital NAS MyCloudHome via the hostname while it is fully possible via the IP address 192.168.0.39. The connection is always ending with an error 0x80070035. .I tried all the possible tests and parameters...
  4. Convert Device ID to Hostname or Possibly IP Address

Convert Device ID to Hostname or Possibly IP Address: Hello. Under About your PC I can find a workstation's Device ID. I was wondering if only presented with the Device ID of a workstation, can it somehow be converted to hostname, IP address, or MAC Address? Thanks....
  5. Convert Device ID to Hostname or Possibly IP Address

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Convert Device ID to Hostname or Possibly IP Address: Hello. Under About your PC I can find a workstation's Device ID. I was wondering if only presented with the Device ID of a workstation, can it somehow be converted to hostname, IP address, or MAC Address? Thanks....
  6. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  7. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  8. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

9. Problems with network converting hostname to ip address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with network converting hostname to ip address: For the last several weeks. I've been having a problem with Firefox taking several minutes to find and start loading a sites web page. Firefox tends to hang on looking for hostname. Once the site is loaded it still takes several minutes for the site to fully load. I also...
  10. Lock Screen Picture Info.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Picture Info.: The icon to show me more picture information is not showing up on my lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-picture-info/74f8936a-8dca-49c7-be5a-32d0d54a23b6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hostname on windows 10 logon screen