Windows 10: System Information Question

Discus and support System Information Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to clone to a new SSD and during the process of checking the system I ran a system information report. Can anyone tell me if I should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisMcNicol, Mar 5, 2019.

1. System Information Question

I'm trying to clone to a new SSD and during the process of checking the system I ran a system information report. Can anyone tell me if I should be worried by the TPM and the PCR7 info?>

I have had to restore my current drive following multiple crashes from my Restore USB and system image to get to this point where it appears to be running OK but don't trust the drive anymore.

:)

ChrisMcNicol, Mar 5, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 5, 2019
  3. debgram Win User
    System volume information folder questions

First question, the winre.wim file is at 96% fragmented and I cannot defrag the system information folder. How can I get that fragmented file to defrag?

Second question, I have unchecked the hidden system folder so I can try and delete the system volume folder, which didn't work either, now I recheck the settings so the hidden files are hidden but now the system information folder is still showing, it won't go back to hidden, now what?

Thanks for and help.

debgram, Mar 5, 2019
  4. System Information Question

Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to first stop Volume Shadow Copy service and try to remove the files and check. Follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Stop Volume Shadow Copy service

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.

• Type services.msc.

• Search for Volume Shadow Copy service.

• Right click on it and select
      Stop.
    Now, take ownership of the System volume Information folder and then try to delete its contents.

Step 2: File permissions.

• Right click on System volume Information folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Select the user name.
    • Click on Edit button.
    • Under permission to Authenticated user, check on full control.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

System Information Question

1. System Information Question - Similar Threads - System Information Question

2. system information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  3. system information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  4. system information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  6. System Information - Device Encryption Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information - Device Encryption Question: Could someone let me know why I am getting the following message in System Information please? Device Encryption Support: Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA-capable...
  7. System Information - Device Encryption Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Information - Device Encryption Question: Could someone let me know why I am getting the following message in System Information please? Device Encryption Support: Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA-capable...
  8. System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information: Hi, On my machine i'm not able to see the system information populate in Control Panel\System and Security\System it shows the processor and ram as "Not Available", along with the windows activation, product id: Not Available Refer to screenshot: [ATTACH] Also when...
  9. DMA Information is blank in System Information

in Windows 10 Support
    DMA Information is blank in System Information: I have a desktop pc with Win10 v1803 and noticed that under System Information/Hardware Resources/DMA there is nothing shown in the right pane. On my laptop also running the same version of Windows 10 has the DMA information 118548
  10. System volume information folder questions

in Windows 10 Support
    System volume information folder questions: First question, the winre.wim file is at 96% fragmented and I cannot defrag the system information folder. How can I get that fragmented file to defrag? Second question, I have unchecked the hidden system folder so I can try and delete the system volume folder, which...