Windows 10: System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...

Discus and support System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'll include some hopefully helpful screenshots here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adam Gralewski, Dec 8, 2022.

1. System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...

I'll include some hopefully helpful screenshots here:

:)

Adam Gralewski, Dec 8, 2022

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Dec 8, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Dec 8, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

They don't have to, as Secure Boot is supposed to have the option to be disabled in the UEFI interface. Most of the free distros probably won't see Secure Boot support. However, enterprise supported version of linux, such as Red Hat and the others that see heavy use in the enterprise world, will be using Secure Boot for sure.

newtekie1, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...

1. System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot... - Similar Threads - System Information says

2. System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Information says Secure Boot is off despite Boot Type being set to UEFI. Secure boot...: I'll include some hopefully helpful screenshots here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information-says-secure-boot-is-off-despite/ad90703f-ee6e-4663-9caa-fdd7148ee9de
  3. BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled: Hi, I am struggling to enable Secure boot status, even though that the UEFI setting is enabled. I have already tried to set to BIOS defaults and then trying again, but it did not work.My storage device is set for GPT formatting.I found that restoring factory keys might be the...
  4. BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled

BIOS, Secure boot status being off, while UEFI settings show that Secure boot is enabled: Hi, I am struggling to enable Secure boot status, even though that the UEFI setting is enabled. I have already tried to set to BIOS defaults and then trying again, but it did not work.My storage device is set for GPT formatting.I found that restoring factory keys might be the...
  5. Secure Boot State Being Enabled in UEFI But Not in System Info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot State Being Enabled in UEFI But Not in System Info: Hi, I am having trouble with some apps that now require secure boot state. I am on windows 11, so I think it is a problem regarding the subject. Thank you....
  6. Secure Boot State Being Enabled in UEFI But Not in System Info

Secure Boot State Being Enabled in UEFI But Not in System Info: Hi, I am having trouble with some apps that now require secure boot state. I am on windows 11, so I think it is a problem regarding the subject. Thank you....
  7. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  8. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  9. UEFI Secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Secure boot: hi guys...pls help meif i need windows 11 then it tells me to enable secure boot....but if i go to my BIOS and enable my secure boot it should show my desktop....but it is showing something to setup........
  10. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...