Windows 10: system information

Discus and support system information in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nathan Harris2, Oct 26, 2023.

1. system information

did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information

:)

Nathan Harris2, Oct 26, 2023

2. Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to first stop Volume Shadow Copy service and try to remove the files and check. Follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Stop Volume Shadow Copy service

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.

• Type services.msc.

• Search for Volume Shadow Copy service.

• Right click on it and select
      Stop.
    Now, take ownership of the System volume Information folder and then try to delete its contents.

Step 2: File permissions.

• Right click on System volume Information folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Select the user name.
    • Click on Edit button.
    • Under permission to Authenticated user, check on full control.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 26, 2023
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 26, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

system information

msinfo32 - system information has stopped working

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2023
Thema:

system information

1. system information - Similar Threads - system information

2. system model showing wrong cpu on system information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system model showing wrong cpu on system information: i recently switched my cpu from a ryzen 7 7700x to a ryzen 7 7800x3d and on system information, my system model shows up as ryzen 7 7700, but the processor shows up correctly ryzen 7 7800x3d. pc runs fine and everythingheres a picture. https://ibb.co/48tSMzs...
  3. system model showing wrong cpu on system information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system model showing wrong cpu on system information: i recently switched my cpu from a ryzen 7 7700x to a ryzen 7 7800x3d and on system information, my system model shows up as ryzen 7 7700, but the processor shows up correctly ryzen 7 7800x3d. pc runs fine and everythingheres a picture. https://ibb.co/48tSMzs...
  4. system model showing wrong cpu on system information

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System volume information and lost my data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System volume information and lost my data: I use flash USB and put on it a lot of data ,I put it the flash on another laptop then it said it have problem do you want to repair I did it and then make restart then I did not found my files in the flash USB but the storage is still filled and file named system volume...
  6. System volume information and lost my data

System volume information and lost my data: I use flash USB and put on it a lot of data ,I put it the flash on another laptop then it said it have problem do you want to repair I did it and then make restart then I did not found my files in the flash USB but the storage is still filled and file named system volume...
  7. System volume information and lost my data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to delete System Volume Information from the USB drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete System Volume Information from the USB drive.: So this will be my final question before I do the Xbox OSU1 i am truly sorry for asking more questions So when I got my USB, it is a brand new one I was ready to format it, when I did it, I noticed one file where there which was System Volume Information file. I did not see...
  9. How to delete System Volume Information from the USB drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete System Volume Information from the USB drive.: So this will be my final question before I do the Xbox OSU1 i am truly sorry for asking more questions So when I got my USB, it is a brand new one I was ready to format it, when I did it, I noticed one file where there which was System Volume Information file. I did not see...
  10. How to delete System Volume Information from the USB drive.