Windows 10: system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7

Discus and support system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a ASUS laptop that having high CPU usage on system interrupt problem that some people also have experienced. But I have dig out more details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rdc0, Jan 28, 2019.

1. rdc0 Win User

system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7

I have a ASUS laptop that having high CPU usage on system interrupt problem that some people also have experienced. But I have dig out more details that I haven't found any one asked before. Details:

1. when boot in windows 10 normal mode. CPU0 is busy on system interrupt. the overall cpu usage on system interrupt alone is 15%~19%.

2. when disabled cpu0 driver in device manager (can't disable cpu device driver in normal mode, have to boot into safe mode, disable from there), the cpu0 usage drop to close normal but still slightly higher than others. overall cpu usage on system interrupt alone is 3%~5% when laptop is idle. but it will go up when laptop is busy (can up to more than 20%, it look like proportional to cpu work load, I am not sure)

3. boot into safe mode, the system interrupt usage maintain at 3%~5% (cpu driver is not loaded in safe mode, this is how I figure out to disable cpu driver for normal mode)

4. boot into windows 7, (I have made windows 7 full back up when I upgrade to windows 10), no matter in normal mode or safe mode, cpu1 always busy on system interrupt.

So, what is going on? Is win7 or win10 lied? What does processor driver do?

system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7 bd3926e0-00e0-48a0-bb91-d15d2c51c03a?upload=true.jpg system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7 6e37df59-a54f-430d-a5f0-dd12331e203a?upload=true.jpg system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7 bd9f7c3b-3b54-4e1b-b543-d6dea6be33bf?upload=true.jpg system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7 8e6da496-0df3-46f6-8830-68cbfefb50e6?upload=true.jpg

:)

2. Arby Win User

how to do windows7 tasks in windows10

Thanks for the info and the welcome!

Would like to pursue the jump list a bit -- what I did in Windows7 was pin my frequently-used applications to the task bar, for example, Word, PowerPoint, and the Explorer. Then, all I had to do to pick up where I left off yesterday was to mouse over the app in the toolbar, right click, and select the appropriate recent file. That is what I would like to work in Windows10.

Looks like the link you provided requires me to open up programs, scroll down and select the application, THEN choose recent. Yes, I know, it is only a difference of a few mouse clicks and a bit of scrolling -- but I really like the single mouse click required in windows7, and I would like to see the old high number of recent files.

Again, thanks for any tips.

3. Mike.V. Win User
    Windows7 to Windows10 upgrade -> missing operating system

Hi all

I would like to get Windows10 running on my Asus N71JA Notebook (

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/N71Ja/) and would be happy to get some advice.

I already tried a few times to upgrade, through Windows Update or using a bootable USB stick, when Windows10 wants to reboot for the first time during the upgrade, I am stuck with "missing operating System".

Here, let me state my last tries.

1. Clean install of Windows7 with original Windows7 DVD I have, using the given product key with it

2. Activate Windows7

3. Perform all updates through Windows Update (Windows7 SP1, ...)

4. Wait until I get the option to upgrade to Windows10 through Windows Update

5. Perform the upgrade to Windows10 through Windows Update

-> first reboot during upgrade process -> missing operating system

I also did a clean install of Windows10 using a bootable USB stick. This works, I get Windows10 running, but then cannot activate it. But this tells me, that the bios settings are fine. With the same bios settings, I can clean install Windows7 and Windows10,
    reboot as I like, no issues at all. Just going through the upgrade process leaves me with "missing operating system".

I already tried to perform an automatic startup repair through the Windows10 bootable USB stick without success.

Could you please advice how to overcome this issue?

Thank you.

Mike

Mike.V., Jan 28, 2019
  4. system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7

if i reserve windows10 on a 32bit windows7 system, then is it possible to upgrade in windows10 64bit

if i reserve windows10 on a 32bit windows7 system, then is it possible to upgrade in windows10 64bit?
    please help
    thank you

amit330679, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7

1. system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7 - Similar Threads - system interrupt problem

2. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  3. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  4. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows7, no system sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7, no system sound: My computer with OS Windows7 professional 32bit is having problem.The headphone is working, eg. when playing youtube, video files with audio.But the system sounds are not working at all.Check the settings from Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sounds tab,the Play Windows...
  6. Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10: Have very basic knowledge, though made this PC in 2010. Having failed twice to upgrade to Win10 through Media Creation Tool 21H, wherein I choose to upgrade the existing Win7 OS.and got failure message "......the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation"Hence...
  7. Windows7 to Windows10 Installation problems one after another......HELP

Windows7 to Windows10 Installation problems one after another......HELP: First after the 2 hours we got the ERROR 0x800707E7-0x3000D error. Everything on posts and online says to remove 3rd party software, Anti-Virus, perhaps a odd user like UpdatusUser....but none of that was the case. Removed all antivirus everywhere and all 3rd party software...
  8. Windows7 spider solitaire on Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 spider solitaire on Windows10: I recently installed the Windows7 Spider Solitaire on my new laptop that has Windows10. It appears it installed correctly and I have played over 40 games. Problem is it is impossible to win any games at all. Very puzzling as I have played this game for years. Any advice?...
  9. System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom?: See if anyone has ideas on this... My Windows 10 Home (1803) has been experiencing download problems. I pretty much always use Chrome. Sometimes the download will complete without a hitch. Other times the whole system will grind to a halt - even task manager is slow to...
  10. Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10

Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10: Good day! I need an advise regarding upgrading windows7 to windows10. I have a server where I save the windows10 to be deploy and I have around 200 users which is already had a windows 7 and needs to upgrade into windows 10. This users had a back up files . The steps i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows10 key same like windows7