Windows 10: System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze

Discus and support System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This problem started in early February. Before then, I could stream to Facebook Gaming to my heart's content. However, now I am unable to stream on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ornithophilia, Feb 23, 2021.

1. System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze

This problem started in early February. Before then, I could stream to Facebook Gaming to my heart's content. However, now I am unable to stream on the very same PC that I used to be able to.

Problem is, about two minutes into the stream, a process named "System Interrupts" starts using 100% CPU and about another 30 seconds, my entire system freezes. The only way I can unfreeze my system is by holding the power button to force shut off my PC.

I have NOT made any changes to my PC since OBS was working even for six hour streams other than the normal Windows updates.

A bit of Googling around suggests that it is almost always a driver problem. Basically every website said that. So, I tried installing literally every driver that was listed in Windows Update yet the problem persists. I still get System Interrupts spiking to 100% CPU followed by a system freeze just a couple minutes into the stream. The only thing that I have not updated are my Nvidia drivers but I am 100% sure that it is not the fault of the Nvidia drivers as it is the same version of Nvidia drivers when I was streaming with no issues in January.

I can game with no issues as long as I am NOT streaming them. This includes resource heavy games like Need for Speed: Heat. Now I cannot even throw on an SNES emulator and stream that without System Interrupts spiking to 100% CPU and freezing my PC. I used to be able to stream Final Fantasy XIV which is a fairly resource intensive game without issues and only utilizing 20% CPU.

I already asked the guys over at OBS support and all that they could tell me is that while OBS can trigger these system freezes, the system freeze itself is outside OBS, thus they cannot provide any help in resolving the issue. So I am asking here.

I am using the latest version of OBS Studio and I already ran sfc /scannow and check disk and both pass with flying colors.

I checked the event viewer but I did not see anything out of the ordinary other than the forced shut off attempt

My PC is an HP Envy 17 j177nr with 16 GB ram.

Does anybody know how I can remedy this so I can stream again

:)

Ornithophilia, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze

1. System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze - Similar Threads - System Interrupts 100%

2. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  3. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  4. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Interrupts 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  6. System Interrupts 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  7. System Interrupts 100% CPU

8. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage: Same problem, new clean installation is not helping and Malwarebytes is not finding anything. When I open task manager it shows System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage and then disappears. If l leave open task manager then System Interrupts does not come up. I noticed this 100% cuz...
  9. System interrupts 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts 100% cpu: when playing fortnite it freezes and fps drops and i check task manager system interrupt was at 100% submitted by /u/l_1nknown [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gimsmy/system_interrupts_100_cpu/
  10. System interrupts 100% CPU usage

System interrupts 100% CPU usage: I've been having an intermittent problem for a while now whereby Windows 10 (build 18362.418) will become completely unresponsive for about a couple of minutes. If I'm quick and launch Task Manager after it becomes responsive I can see that the System Interrupts entry is...