Windows 10: System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze

Discus and support System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This problem started in early February. Before then, I could stream to Facebook Gaming to my heart's content. However, now I am unable to stream on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ornithophilia, Feb 23, 2021.

1. System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze

This problem started in early February. Before then, I could stream to Facebook Gaming to my heart's content. However, now I am unable to stream on the very same PC that I used to be able to.

Problem is, about two minutes into the stream, a process named "System Interrupts" starts using 100% CPU and about another 30 seconds, my entire system freezes. The only way I can unfreeze my system is by holding the power button to force shut off my PC.

I have NOT made any changes to my PC since OBS was working even for six hour streams other than the normal Windows updates.

A bit of Googling around suggests that it is almost always a driver problem. Basically every website said that. So, I tried installing literally every driver that was listed in Windows Update yet the problem persists. I still get System Interrupts spiking to 100% CPU followed by a system freeze just a couple minutes into the stream. The only thing that I have not updated are my Nvidia drivers but I am 100% sure that it is not the fault of the Nvidia drivers as it is the same version of Nvidia drivers when I was streaming with no issues in January.

I can game with no issues as long as I am NOT streaming them. This includes resource heavy games like Need for Speed: Heat. Now I cannot even throw on an SNES emulator and stream that without System Interrupts spiking to 100% CPU and freezing my PC. I used to be able to stream Final Fantasy XIV which is a fairly resource intensive game without issues and only utilizing 20% CPU.

I already asked the guys over at OBS support and all that they could tell me is that while OBS can trigger these system freezes, the system freeze itself is outside OBS, thus they cannot provide any help in resolving the issue. So I am asking here.

I am using the latest version of OBS Studio and I already ran sfc /scannow and check disk and both pass with flying colors.

I checked the event viewer but I did not see anything out of the ordinary other than the forced shut off attempt

My PC is an HP Envy 17 j177nr with 16 GB ram.

Does anybody know how I can remedy this so I can stream again

:)

Ornithophilia, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze

1. System Interrupts 100% CPU when trying to stream with OBS + freeze - Similar Threads - System Interrupts 100%

2. System Interrupts using 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Interrupts using 100% of CPU: I recently built myself a new computer with a Ryzen 5600x, an MSI B550M Mortar and an Asus TUF Gaming OC RTX 3070. Since I’ve had it, when I am playing a games every now and then (probably about once every ten minutes but it depends on the game) my performance will seize up....
  3. System Interrupts at 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    System Interrupts at 100%: Recently I've noticed lagging while using my laptop. Mostly while light gaming (It's an Intel iGPU so really light gaming) The CPU is i5-4200m with Intel HD Graphics 4600 While I am gaming or using the laptop, I feel it suddenly stuttering / lagging I open Task Manager and...
  4. System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU: My brand new laptop keeps running extremely slow and task manager says system interrupts is using up most of my CPU. I've looked online and it says to update windows and drivers which I have done and nothing happens. I've contacted customer service but its so bad that the...
  5. System Interrupt 100%

System Interrupt 100%: Hi Team, Off late my system briefly hangs or stops responding randomly - I have Acer Aspire laptop purchased 3 months ago with Core i5 1035G1 10th generation with Windows 10. On a couple of occasions; I was able to access task manager and it reflected "system interrupt"...
  6. System Interrupts 100% CPU 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Interrupts 100% CPU 0: Hi. I have a an i7-6700 - Lenovo AIO 700 27ISH CPU 0 is always 100% with System Interrupts. 15% CPU overall. Fan runs high. CPU constant overclock to 3.97 from base 3.41 ACPI.sys appears to be what is using the CPU under System Interrupts. Complete fresh install of...
  7. System interrupts 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts 100% cpu: when playing fortnite it freezes and fps drops and i check task manager system interrupt was at 100% submitted by /u/l_1nknown [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gimsmy/system_interrupts_100_cpu/
  8. System interrupts 100% CPU usage

System interrupts 100% CPU usage: I've been having an intermittent problem for a while now whereby Windows 10 (build 18362.418) will become completely unresponsive for about a couple of minutes. If I'm quick and launch Task Manager after it becomes responsive I can see that the System Interrupts entry is...
  9. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage Windows v1809

System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage Windows v1809: System interrupts takes up 100% when user is doing nothing and burning out fan. Old remedies do not work. This needs an update! Please help! Thanks Mr Bee....
  10. System Interrupts 100%

System Interrupts 100%: I have a brand new (bought 3 weeks ago) Acer Aspire 3 - A314, SSD laptop. On 20/12/2018, Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 Systems (KB4483234) was successfully installed. This morning, when I switched on, I noticed it took 5 minutes or so to boot up...