Windows 10: System interrupts cause high cpu use

Discus and support System interrupts cause high cpu use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried everything and nothing works. There is no malware. All have recent drives. There is nothing wrong. System interrups just keeps continuing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by .tuikkanen, Jan 22, 2021.

1. System interrupts cause high cpu use

I have tried everything and nothing works. There is no malware. All have recent drives. There is nothing wrong. System interrups just keeps continuing

:)

.tuikkanen, Jan 22, 2021

2. System Interrupts Causing High CPU Usage?

What Is System Interrupts ? And How To Fix High CPU Usage Problem

omarkanash, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Jen Quintos, Jan 22, 2021
  4. jaorg1234 Win User

System interrupts cause high cpu use

High CPU usage when idle - System and System interrupts

I've been trying to find a solution for a while and decided to ask here for more help. I've noticed that my CPU usage is pretty high when idle, even after a cold reboot of the computer:

Task Manager View showing "System" and "System interrupts" causing a high CPU load:

System interrupts cause high cpu use vcOPv.png

I've tried to dig deeper and used Processor Explorer to get more information, which, strangely enough, shows that "System interrupts" uses up more % of the CPU than the "System" process:

Process Explorer showing that "Interrupts" is taking up 20% of the CPU load:

System interrupts cause high cpu use PC2cj.png

Next I've tried to narrow down the causes of the interrupts by using the Windows Performance Recorder and analyze the graph using the Windows Performance Analyzer (can't post the screenshot due to not having enough rep, but it looks like hal.dll is causing the most interrupts, but less than the 20% seen with Process Explorer)

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Information about my computer:

• Windows 10
    • Intel Core i5-4790k
    • AMD R390 GPU
    • 8 GB Ram

I've updated the GPU and sound drivers and Windows is up to date.

jaorg1234, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

System interrupts cause high cpu use

1. System interrupts cause high cpu use - Similar Threads - System interrupts cause

2. High CPU usage from System Interrupts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage from System Interrupts: I am having continual issue with system interrupts overheating my laptop. This only happen when I close the laptop or put it to sleep. As soon as I open it/wake it, it stops. All of my drivers are up to date and recently updated bios.This started when I upgraded to Windows...
  3. High CPU usage from System Interrupts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage from System Interrupts: I am having continual issue with system interrupts overheating my laptop. This only happen when I close the laptop or put it to sleep. As soon as I open it/wake it, it stops. All of my drivers are up to date and recently updated bios.This started when I upgraded to Windows...
  4. system interrupts high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system interrupts high cpu usage: I'm having issued with system interrupts using high cpu usage after playing a game and thr game crash. I have unplug all my external hardware and restarted my computer but the system interrupts is still using high cpu. I havent try shutting down my computer and how long...
  5. System interrupts using high percentage of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts using high percentage of CPU: Occasionally my PC will slow down drastically. I will open task manager to find out what is causing the slowdown, only to find system interrupts using about 80% of my CPU. The problem I have with troubleshooting this is that unlike other users who have posted about this...
  6. System interrupts causing high CPU usage

System interrupts causing high CPU usage: Hi guys, First of all the specifications of my laptop Aspire A515-51G-510P and the LatencyMon analysis can be found via the accompanied onedrive https://1drv.ms/u/s!AllRymF9WV9mnRLODDduO9e3p3WP?e=oXWPjd. To start, I'll describe the problem. The issue is most prevalent while...
  7. High CPU usage at idle caused by system interrupts on MacBook laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage at idle caused by system interrupts on MacBook laptop: Hi All, I have an issue with a clean Windows 10 1909 installation running on my MacBook laptop. In Windows Task Manager I see a constant 7-8% "System interrupts" usage and CPU0 is 100% busy when the machine is idle: [IMG] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] In Process Explorer I...
  8. System Interrupts Causing High CPU Usage?

System Interrupts Causing High CPU Usage?: What Is System Interrupts ? And How To Fix High CPU Usage Problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-causing-high-cpu-usage/7991da6c-e11f-407f-8612-c69440e37093
  9. High CPU usage by "System interrupts"

High CPU usage by "System interrupts": I have DELL INSPIRON 15 5570 i7 8th generation, OS is installed in 128GB SSD drive. My CPU usage is very high. I opened task manager to see which process is using more CPU and found that " System interrupts" is using more that 80% of my CPU , thus slowing the system. I have...
  10. System interrupts high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System interrupts high cpu usage: Recently System interrupts have been using cpu up to 100% and I have tried a lot of what's on the web such as: checking for disk errors, get latest windows update, checking for system files corruption, updating drivers and BIOS, scanning for viruses, restoring power plan to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system interrups load processor