Windows 10: System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom?

Discus and support System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; See if anyone has ideas on this... My Windows 10 Home (1803) has been experiencing download problems. I pretty much always use Chrome. Sometimes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boweasel, Feb 1, 2019.

1. boweasel Win User

System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom?

See if anyone has ideas on this...

My Windows 10 Home (1803) has been experiencing download problems. I pretty much always use Chrome. Sometimes the download will complete without a hitch. Other times the whole system will grind to a halt - even task manager is slow to respond. When taskmgr finally comes up, System Interrupts will be using about 45% of the CPU and I can't really do much of anything until the percentage drops back down to its normal .5 to 1%, usually 10 - 15 seconds.

When I then check the progress of a download it will display a rate of 0 bytes per second for another 15 to 20 seconds. Then that download screen will have a horizontal through my once downloading file with the phrase 'Network error' next to it. There will be a blue box below the download labeled 'Resume', and I can usually get it to resume from the spot it left off. This whole scenario may occur multiple times before the download completion.

I have checked for viruses, adware and drivers that need updating. I found nothing.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you folks may have.

:)

boweasel, Feb 1, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 1, 2019
  3. intprob Win User
    Help with Hardware Interrupts

To use Krview, ignore any driver that is part of Windows or that is for the CPU idle thread.
    inteppm is for the CPU idle thread, ignore it.
    hal and ntkrnlpa are part of Windows, ignore them.
    ati2mtag is the first one on the list that is elevated and relevant.
    Find out what hardware interrupt it uses and then any device that shares this interrupt could be the problem. It might not be ati2mtag.
    If its the video driver, can you use another card?
    Putting the computer to sleep might reset things.

intprob, Feb 1, 2019
  4. System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom?

System Interrupts Causing Problems

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Does this process interrupts only while playing games?

Disable your Graphic card in Device Manager and uninstall its drivers. Then let Windows install the device automatically.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Wi-Fi driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Graphic drivers listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    • Let the computer install graphic drivers automatically and check if it shows the same result.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom?

1. System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom? - Similar Threads - System Interrupts Problem

2. System interrupts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System interrupts: I'm facing some issues with my hp pavilion. Recently when i tried opening my edge browser it crashed 3 times which never happened before. So i looked up in my task manager and found out that System interrupts are using up 100% or sometimes 80% of my cpu. I don't know what's...
  3. System interrupts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System interrupts: I'm facing some issues with my hp pavilion. Recently when i tried opening my edge browser it crashed 3 times which never happened before. So i looked up in my task manager and found out that System interrupts are using up 100% or sometimes 80% of my cpu. I don't know what's...
  4. System interrupts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System interrupts: My system frequently just slows down completely. I have tried everything I can think of. Updates are all done. Antivirus is working. When I check the task manager, it shows system interrupts using most of the CPU etc. From time to time I get an error message in my browser,...
  5. system interrupts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system interrupts: My computer often freezes on start up. This time when I checked to task manager I found that system interrupts was utilising 100% of my Intel i7 processor. I am running Windows 10 home with all updates in place. Ram is 12. According to task manager it is not a good idea...
  6. System Interrupts?

System Interrupts?: Hello! I had an issue where when I changed the DNS IP in Network Adapter properties, my Windows suddenly did not respond at all for maybe 20 seconds, then it fell down to 0.1% for the System Interrupts in Task Manager! Is this normal? It seems to be normal 100% of the time...
  7. System Interrupts

System Interrupts: So I have a Asus VivoBook x541u with the following specs(initial) specs: Intel core i7-7500u 2.7 Ghz (boosted to 3.5 Ghz) 1 TB HDD 6 GB DDR4 RAM Nvidia Geforce GT 920 MX 2 GB Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition Recently I have upgraded my ram from 6 GB to 12 GB and removed...
  8. system interrupt

system interrupt: system interrupt is occurring in task manager and using 2.1% of cpu usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupt/741e60c7-3784-4b0d-90b3-33024503558b
  9. System interrupt

System interrupt: After opening any game or autocad program got forcefully closed and cpu usage seemed to be 100% showing system interrupt how to solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupt/151a9f9a-ce4d-4bc5-9d64-748d6e3b21be
  10. System interrupts

System interrupts: Starting about yesterday System interrupts has been hogging all of my cpu power. Restarting my computer does not fix the issue. System interrupts only begins to use excessive cpu power when i connect to Wi-Fi. If i restart my computer and i do not connect to Wi-Fi then it...