Windows 10: system interrupts service increasing CPU performance

Discus and support system interrupts service increasing CPU performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; system interrupts service increasing CPU performance and reducing the the system usage. Need solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Akshay Shah 27, Jun 27, 2021.

1. system interrupts service increasing CPU performance

system interrupts service increasing CPU performance and reducing the the system usage. Need solution

:)

Akshay Shah 27, Jun 27, 2021
  2. jaorg1234 Win User

High CPU usage when idle - System and System interrupts

I've been trying to find a solution for a while and decided to ask here for more help. I've noticed that my CPU usage is pretty high when idle, even after a cold reboot of the computer:

Task Manager View showing "System" and "System interrupts" causing a high CPU load:

system interrupts service increasing CPU performance vcOPv.png

I've tried to dig deeper and used Processor Explorer to get more information, which, strangely enough, shows that "System interrupts" uses up more % of the CPU than the "System" process:

Process Explorer showing that "Interrupts" is taking up 20% of the CPU load:

system interrupts service increasing CPU performance PC2cj.png

Next I've tried to narrow down the causes of the interrupts by using the Windows Performance Recorder and analyze the graph using the Windows Performance Analyzer (can't post the screenshot due to not having enough rep, but it looks like hal.dll is causing the most interrupts, but less than the 20% seen with Process Explorer)

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Information about my computer:

• Windows 10
    • Intel Core i5-4790k
    • AMD R390 GPU
    • 8 GB Ram

I've updated the GPU and sound drivers and Windows is up to date.

jaorg1234, Jun 27, 2021
  3. System Interrupts using 30 - 100% CPU

Hi Bradley. I'm Greg, an Independent Advisor here to help until this is resolved.

1) See fixes for System Interrupts causing high CPU usage:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-high-cpu-usag...

https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12795-system-in...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/system-interrupt... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Reimage ad)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

2) Update your drivers and BIOS/UEFI firmware from PC or motherboard maker's Support Downloads web page, using the full model number, Serial Number or Dell Service Tag on sticker. Compare the latest drivers available for download with the ones presently installed
    in Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start button. Make sure you have the latest Chipset, Display (Video), Sound, USB3, Bluetooth, Network and all other drivers, or else download and install the latest now.

Then type System Information in Start Search, compare the latest BIOS/UEFI firmware version with the one showing in System Information, and install it following closely the instructions on the download page, and on any Read Me file included in download.

Updating drivers from the Device Manager or Windows Update is rarely enough. The most basic thing we need to learn to maintain a PC is keep the latest manufacturer's drivers installed from their Support Downloads web page.

3) Go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 17 to test a new Local Admin account. Then if necessary
    continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

4) If nothing else works then do a Repair Install, by installing Media Creation Tool, open tool and choose to Upgrade Now. This reinstalls Windows while keeping files, programs and most settings in place, is the most stable method to advance to the latest version,
    and solves most problems.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...

I hope this helps. Based on the results you report back I may have other suggestions if necessary. If you will wait to choose whether the problem is resolved, then I will continue to help until the problem is fixed.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

system interrupts service increasing CPU performance

System Interrupt High CPU Usage

Outdated drivers is one of the possible reasons why you're having issues with System Interrupt usage. To further isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot by following the steps indicated on this
    link. This is to for us to know if the issue is caused by one of the Windows applications or a third party
    program.

Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

system interrupts service increasing CPU performance

1. system interrupts service increasing CPU performance - Similar Threads - system interrupts service

2. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  3. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  4. System Interrupts 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  5. System Interrupts 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  6. System Interrupts 100% CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Increase system performance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase system performance: I'm using HP laptop with window 10. My lap is taking too much time to open any apps or windows while i'm using it. I tried many tips by following some youtube videos but doesn't work for me. Kindly suggest me to improve my system performance like new laptop....
  8. System interrupts CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts CPU usage: Hey guys, i’ve recently stumbled across another problem with my laptop. Whenever i attach a monitor, it becomes extremely slow, and when i check my task manager, it says something called “system interrupts” is taking 80 to 100% of my CPU. Anybody know any solution? I’ve tried...
  9. CPU Spikes - System Interrupts?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Spikes - System Interrupts?: Recently i've started seeing a little spike in the CPU temperature. Nothing seems to be eating the CPu when looking at task manager. I have however noticed that System Interrupts seems to be there then quickly disappears. I stumbled accross this thread here:...
  10. System interrupts 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts 100% cpu: when playing fortnite it freezes and fps drops and i check task manager system interrupt was at 100% submitted by /u/l_1nknown [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gimsmy/system_interrupts_100_cpu/