Windows 10: System Interrupts taking up 50-95% of CPU. Seen some solutions but the process keeps...

Discus and support System Interrupts taking up 50-95% of CPU. Seen some solutions but the process keeps... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I know that it's supposedly a hardware problem, and one way of going about it is opening up task manager and device manager, and disabling ports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mayheme, Jan 18, 2021.

1. System Interrupts taking up 50-95% of CPU. Seen some solutions but the process keeps...

So I know that it's supposedly a hardware problem, and one way of going about it is opening up task manager and device manager, and disabling ports until the system interrupts goes away BUT the process itself only shows up for a couple seconds whenever I open task manager. It's as if the process becomes hidden the moment I open up task manager, but eats away at my CPU when it's closed. Any ideas on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/Mayheme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mayheme, Jan 18, 2021

2. System Interrupt Process Using 25-50% of CPU

So I was having poor framerates when playing L4D2 today so when I was done I decided to try to figure out why. Apparently "System Interrupt Process" is constant using a high percentage of my CPU even when nothing is going on. I can't really find any good resolutions from google does anyone have any suggestions?

Windows 7 x64.

Polaris573, Jan 18, 2021
  3. jaorg1234 Win User
    High CPU usage when idle - System and System interrupts

I've been trying to find a solution for a while and decided to ask here for more help. I've noticed that my CPU usage is pretty high when idle, even after a cold reboot of the computer:

Task Manager View showing "System" and "System interrupts" causing a high CPU load:

System Interrupts taking up 50-95% of CPU. Seen some solutions but the process keeps... vcOPv.png

I've tried to dig deeper and used Processor Explorer to get more information, which, strangely enough, shows that "System interrupts" uses up more % of the CPU than the "System" process:

Process Explorer showing that "Interrupts" is taking up 20% of the CPU load:

System Interrupts taking up 50-95% of CPU. Seen some solutions but the process keeps... PC2cj.png

Next I've tried to narrow down the causes of the interrupts by using the Windows Performance Recorder and analyze the graph using the Windows Performance Analyzer (can't post the screenshot due to not having enough rep, but it looks like hal.dll is causing the most interrupts, but less than the 20% seen with Process Explorer)

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Information about my computer:

• Windows 10
    • Intel Core i5-4790k
    • AMD R390 GPU
    • 8 GB Ram

I've updated the GPU and sound drivers and Windows is up to date.

jaorg1234, Jan 18, 2021
  4. cognus Win User

System Interrupts taking up 50-95% of CPU. Seen some solutions but the process keeps...

CPU Util/usage: what is "System Interrupts" process....

while trying to figure why current Goog Chrome eats cpu's, I was surprised to see a generic "System Interrupts" listed in Task Manager in windows 10, constantly munching 40-50% of cpu - with no identity or info shown.....
    what is that? a logging util for feedback? debugger?
    any ideas? it exacerbates the problem I'm chasing with Chrome,, which seems to afflict W7/8/8.1/10 even with a fresh install

cognus, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

System Interrupts taking up 50-95% of CPU. Seen some solutions but the process keeps...

1. System Interrupts taking up 50-95% of CPU. Seen some solutions but the process keeps... - Similar Threads - System Interrupts taking

2. System interruption takes up lots of CPU%, fail on windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System interruption takes up lots of CPU%, fail on windows update: Hello!I'm currently facing an issue with my XMG laptop on win10. intel i7-8750H, nvidia geforce gtx 1060 Yesterday everything was fine, but today as I plug in the charger, laptop starts to overheat, even being idle. Task manager app crashes after a couple minutes or seconds...
  3. System interruption takes up lots of CPU%, fail on windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System interruption takes up lots of CPU%, fail on windows update: Hello!I'm currently facing an issue with my XMG laptop on win10. intel i7-8750H, nvidia geforce gtx 1060 Yesterday everything was fine, but today as I plug it in the laptop starts to overheat, even being idle. Task manager app crashes after a couple minutes or seconds of...
  4. System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU: My taskbar/serch dont work anymore, nothing is opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-is-taking-90-of-my-cpu/69b1fd5f-1b54-476d-916e-9093fdb189eb
  5. System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU

System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU: My taskbar/serch dont work anymore, nothing is opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-is-taking-90-of-my-cpu/69b1fd5f-1b54-476d-916e-9093fdb189eb
  6. System Interrupts is taking 90% of my CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. System Interrupts taking 100% of my cpu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Interrupts taking 100% of my cpu.: For some reason, whenever I am playing a game called "Roblox" System interrupts at random times takes 100% of my CPU. Then, it just keeps on taking 100% of my cpu until I restart my PC. This is really annoying, is there any fix for this?...
  8. System Interrupts taking 100% of my cpu.

System Interrupts taking 100% of my cpu.: For some reason, whenever I am playing a game called "Roblox" System interrupts at random times takes 100% of my CPU. Then, it just keeps on taking 100% of my cpu until I restart my PC. This is really annoying, is there any fix for this?...
  9. 50-100% system interrupts?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    50-100% system interrupts?: l regularly have situations where my Windows 10 system (MS - Surface Pro) behaves extremely sluggish or gets completely non-responsive. When I then fire up task manager I often see 40%, 50%, up to 99% "system interrupts" as top-CPU eater. What is this BS? What is going on (or...
  10. system process take all the CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    system process take all the CPU: Hi I have most of the CPU use occupied by the system process, in particular looking at the details from these two .exe : ntkrnlmp.exe ntoskrnl.exe I tried the most common troubleshooting the I found on the web and it didn't work thank you for help. I installed the...