Windows 10: SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

Discus and support SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Afternoon! Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS: Edition: Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BryanJames16, Dec 30, 2018.

1. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

Good Afternoon!

Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
    Version: 1703
    OS Build: 15063.11
    System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I noticed however, that the laptop is consuming huge amount of bandwidth and data on our internet (Ethernet indicator blinks rapidly). Then I tried checking the data usage:

SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet [​IMG]

However, after a minute or two, I tried checking again the data usage (I closed the setting and re-opened it again)

Please note that I'm not running any application as of now (except Microsoft Edge). Then I tried turning off the internet connection (by enabling airplane mode). Then I checked for the data usage again. The "SYSTEM" already consumed 2 MB of data even if on airplane mode.

I tried checking if there are updates available:

I also tried checking for application updates from Microsoft Store. I paused all the download and updates:

I disabled background apps but still the "SYSTEM" consumes considerably large amount of bandwidth and data:

My friend does have a laptop with Windows 10 version 1803. Her laptop doesn't eat bandwidth like mine.

So my question is:
    1. What is the "SYSTEM" process that eats my internet bandwidth and data?
    2. How do you stop it from consuming my internet bandwidth?

:)

BryanJames16, Dec 30, 2018

2. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Internet data usage

Hi Weon,

It is possible that some of your apps are causing this issue. Some apps are automatically set to do automatic updates. Just to be sure, we recommend that you check the
    Task Manager for apps that might be consuming your data when you are using your computer. To do so, kindly do the following steps:

• Type task manager on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Manager.
    • Click on App history.

Check each app's network activity and network usage for tile updates. If there are apps that are consuming your data even though you're not using them, kindly check and change their update settings. Also, what are the steps that you took to disable the Windows
    Update?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Dec 30, 2018
  4. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

My Windows 10 O.S consumes much data

Hello,

If you're using Windows 10 build 1709, there's an available option to check the data usage. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Select Network & Internet.
    • On the left panel, click Data usage > Hit View usage details.

Keep us updated with the result.

Regile Reb, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

1. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet - Similar Threads - SYSTEM consuming huge

2. windows 11 system downloading huge amounts of data every night at 2am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 system downloading huge amounts of data every night at 2am: Every night at 2 am System is downloading not uploading about a terrabyte of data. This activity does not display in the Task Manager, but it does in the Resource Manager as indicated by the attached picture. Windows Defender anti virus and a commercial copy of Malwarebytes...
  3. windows 11 system downloading huge amounts of data every night at 2am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 system downloading huge amounts of data every night at 2am: Every night at 2 am System is downloading not uploading about a terrabyte of data. This activity does not display in the Task Manager, but it does in the Resource Manager as indicated by the attached picture. Windows Defender anti virus and a commercial copy of Malwarebytes...
  4. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  5. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  6. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview

System consumes huge amount of data shows in data usage overview: For past 5 days the system consumes huge amount of data while connected through mobile hotspot. And I have done all the settings ,stop auto updates in play store. I have done everything thing but it doesn't stop consuming data....
  8. System consume more data

System consume more data: Every time I check the built in data usage information under PC settings, I find 3-4 gbs of data usage for "system". I'm running windows 10 home edition, connected by mobile hotspot and have disabled all background apps and data collection. I have also disabled the window...
  9. OneNote app crashing, consuming huge amounts of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote app crashing, consuming huge amounts of RAM: submitted by /u/ima_gay_nerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcitoc/onenote_app_crashing_consuming_huge_amounts_of_ram/
  10. MS store update download huge amount of data

MS store update download huge amount of data: Hi How this win10 1809 predifineapp update downloading latest version. Update included in monthly CU ? Or it automatically connect internet to download update ex, calculator and Xbox apps. How about if we have turnoff ms store auto update option disabled Now a days...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloufotos.com

2. iclouPhoto Library

3. why system consuming much internet