Windows 10: System is crashing unexpectedly with BSOD after upgrading the RAM for my laptop

Discus and support System is crashing unexpectedly with BSOD after upgrading the RAM for my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my hp 15-ac-122-tu notebook’s RAM a few days ago. Everything was fine until I found a bug that caused BSODIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rohit Babu, Sep 9, 2020.

1. System is crashing unexpectedly with BSOD after upgrading the RAM for my laptop

I upgraded my hp 15-ac-122-tu notebook’s RAM a few days ago. Everything was fine until I found a bug that caused BSODIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and several other messages and made the laptop hard to boot. Apparently, the BSOD appeared:

• When the screen is turned off.

• When the laptop goes to sleep.

• When the laptop goes to hibernate.

• It even crashes unexpectedly

In all the above mentioned cases, I see the BSOD and laptop tries to restart. During the restart, instead of booting up, it makes a black screen and the black screen keeps dimminggreying out like forever and the laptop makes a “click/tick” sound from the inside. So I tried to force shutdown the system but it didn't simply go off. It keeps blinking even when I press the power button for a long time. After giving some time between the attempts it goes off after trying for 2-3 times. Finally, THE LAPTOP TURNED OFF. But that doesn’t simply end the problem. You have to turn it on again in order to check whether everything is good. So you TURN ON THE LAPTOP and IT WILL REPEAT THE ABOVE MENTIONED PROBLEM AGAIN starting from the black screen blinking..blah..blah and so on. Again, this happens 2-3 times and after several attempts the laptop will boot.

I tried the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool. Irony is that when I started the memory testwhich requires a restart, THE BUG APPEARED. After fighting it to boot into the system, the memory test ran and the results were normal. I have the dump file for every crash that occurred.

Things to note:

• I’m using Windows 10 and the newly purchased RAM has the same configurations but a different brand.

• My laptop is dual bootedWindows 10 and Ubuntu 20.x and I am using GRUB as boot manager.

• My laptop initially had 4 GB RAM and I added another 4 GB RAM in the second slot.

ERROR MESSAGES:

• System thread exception not handled

• Bad Pool Caller

• Event tracing fatal error

• Critical process diedwhile doing update

• System thread exception not handled

I have accessed the MiniDump folder and making the dump files available here

Please help. Thanks in Advance.

:)

Rohit Babu, Sep 9, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 9, 2020
  3. FSX crashing

Hello Muralidhar

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

Processor Intel(R0 Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB Ram, NVidia GTX960 430.39 version.

2. Which version of Windows is installed on your computer?

Windows 10 with Direct X12

I did refer to the article
    Game crashes or closes unexpectedly for the troubleshooting steps, however,
    nothing seemed to work. The only thing I didn't do is do a complete re-install

Thanks

Robert.

Bobbywhite1958, Sep 9, 2020
  4. telepro21 Win User

System is crashing unexpectedly with BSOD after upgrading the RAM for my laptop

Laptop hangs unexpectedly

Hello ram93,

Just looking at your system specs, I see that you have only 4GB of RAM and that some of that seems to be used by your laptop graphics. As a first step, I would look into increasing the RAM to a minimum of 8GB.

I try not to run Windows 10 on any device with less than 8GB of RAM. Only ever had poor performance if under 8GBs.

Of course, seeing that the error code is a 41, this might mean a power supply problem, too.

telepro21, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

System is crashing unexpectedly with BSOD after upgrading the RAM for my laptop

1. System is crashing unexpectedly with BSOD after upgrading the RAM for my laptop - Similar Threads - System crashing unexpectedly

2. BSOD - Windows 11 after upgrading my rams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Windows 11 after upgrading my rams: Hi. I recently purchased new compatible RAM modules XPG SPECTRIX D50 - 16x2 kit for my gaming rig B550M AORUS ELITE rev. 1.0. Upon testing them with both XMP profiles, I encountered frequent Blue Screen of Death BSOD errors when using the 3200MHz XMP profile. To address this...
  3. BSOD - Windows 11 after upgrading my rams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - Windows 11 after upgrading my rams: Hi. I recently purchased new compatible RAM modules XPG SPECTRIX D50 - 16x2 kit for my gaming rig B550M AORUS ELITE rev. 1.0. Upon testing them with both XMP profiles, I encountered frequent Blue Screen of Death BSOD errors when using the 3200MHz XMP profile. To address this...
  4. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  5. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  6. BSoD crashing system unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD crashing system unexpectedly: Hi Folks,I have been facing issue of BSoD since a while and I posted the findings here in community few days back but due to unknown reasons I stopped receiving response from the concerned person on the same.Can anybody help me on the...
  7. BSOD After Ram Upgrade??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD After Ram Upgrade??: I upgraded from house-branded cheap 16GB to Corsair 32GB 2600Mhz. Since booting with new RAM, BSOD often, varying every 10min to 30min. I ram the memory diag with new RAM and it threw no problems. I also did the PowerShell verify thing and it crashed on me. Any ideas? I...
  8. BSOD after RAM upgrade

BSOD after RAM upgrade: Hello all, A week ago I recieved my order G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz C16 F4-3200C16D-16GVKB I had already one pair of the same ram up and running for 2 years. After the ram installation the system recognize only 16GB and the other half appears as system...
  9. BSODS after RAM upgrade

BSODS after RAM upgrade: My computer has been experiencing BSODs after a recent RAM upgrade. RAM was installed in the same slots as the previous. I've also tried updating drivers through device manager, got some BSODs there while updating them. Also tried running system file check on CMD, which it...
  10. BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD

BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD: I upgraded my RAM from 32gb to 96gb and installed a new 2T SSD on my Dell computer. However afterwards, I get BSOD. I am getting multiple error messages and codes, all of them are BSOD. What is the solution?...