Windows 10: System is not booting anymore

Discus and support System is not booting anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I have a problem with my windows system. I tried to install a new printer. The CD did not come out so I had to force him out. Then, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddblum, Oct 29, 2019.

1. ddblum Win User

System is not booting anymore

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my windows system. I tried to install a new printer. The CD did not come out so I had to force him out. Then, the computer was kind of slow for a little bit and it finally shut off. Upon restarting it, I get the blue screen. Safe mode, repair, ....are not working. I always get the blue screen. I tried repairing for the ISO installation on a USB key, but it did not work as well. I am afraid to lose my data so I am not sure if I should format.

Here attached a printscreen showing my disks. Considering that all my data seem to be on the D, can I format the C:/ without compromising my data??? I also attached a printscreen of the blue screen error message.

Let me know what you think.

System is not booting anymore [​IMG]

System is not booting anymore [​IMG]

Dan

:)

ddblum, Oct 29, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 29, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Suupala Win User

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. System is not booting anymore - Similar Threads - System booting anymore

2. Why doesn't it boot anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't it boot anymore?: Hello Microsoft team, I recently updated my laptop windows 10 PROAnd it doesn't boot anymore, how can we solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-it-boot-anymore/2cde760e-980a-4a0b-9d39-66413aa995be
  3. Why doesn't it boot anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why doesn't it boot anymore?: Hello Microsoft team, I recently updated my laptop windows 10 PROAnd it doesn't boot anymore, how can we solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-it-boot-anymore/2cde760e-980a-4a0b-9d39-66413aa995be
  4. Why doesn't it boot anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My dont boot anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My dont boot anymore: Hello from yesterday my pc don't boot when i try to boot it bsods and it says "critical process died" it is stuck in a boot loop it tries to boot but bsods and it say automatic repair couldn't repair ur pc and then it offers some options such as CMD,System restore,Uninstall...
  6. My Windows 10 system will not boot anymore.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 system will not boot anymore.....: Hello, I need help for my computer I accidently delete regedit system folder and my computer will not start anymore.. Reset will not work, CMD is frozen, Clean Install is bugged & I can`t login.. Any suggestions for this? I don`t have enough money to buy an USB or DVD...
  7. Windows Boot Manager not loading anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Boot Manager not loading anymore.: Hello, This started happening last month when I tried using this program called Linux File Systems for Windows by Paragon Software and the drive I wanted to read/write on wasn't showing, so I started messing with the settings and started messing with the format new volume...
  8. System is not booting anymore / blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System is not booting anymore / blue screen of death: Hi everybody, I have a problem with my windows system. I tried to install a new printer. The CD did not come out so I had to force him out. Then, the computer was kind of slow for a little bit and it finally shut off. Upon restarting it, I get the blue screen. Safe mode,...
  9. External harddisk won't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    External harddisk won't boot anymore: I have an external harddrive with 2 partitions: one for mass storage and backup (4 tb) one for booting windows installations, macrium reflect and other media that needs to run from boot (8 gb) The bootable partition I reused for various tasks, everytime I needed to use...
  10. Windows system not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows system not recognized anymore: Hello, here's the situation : I have two hard drives : C and H. The C drive used to be my main drive containing the system. One year ago, I installed Windows on my second H drive and placed all the contents of the C drive in the trash and cleared it (some could not be...