Windows 10: System is "not fully configured", but appears to operate properly

Discus and support System is "not fully configured", but appears to operate properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When booting, my Win 10 HP notebook always briefly warns me that my system is "not fully configured". The warning appears in plain type across the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KentonMachina, Dec 22, 2018.

1. System is "not fully configured", but appears to operate properly

When booting, my Win 10 HP notebook always briefly warns me that my system is "not fully configured". The warning appears in plain type across the top of the first pre-boot screen that contains nothing else but the HP logo. But the boot proceeds normally, and the system appears to operate normally once the boot is completed. HP chat support, after a couple of wasted hours trying various things, cannot figure out what is wrong.

I'm running 64-bit fully updated Win 10. It is possible that the the warning message started appearing after the October Win update, but I'm not in a position to claim the update caused the problem.

I've tried quite a few simple things to fix this, such as updating all drivers, running Windows troubleshooters, etc. The Windows update troubleshooter did find a couple of problems with my Win updates, but it claimed that those are fixed now. But nothing has made the warning message go away when I boot.

I can offer two possible clues that might be relevant to this mystery:

1. When I run a boot log, the log reports that a few sys files were not loaded. It's always the same list, on every boot attempt. One of those "not loaded" items appears early in the log, and references a file that does not reside on my hdd. The other "not loaded" files do reside on my hdd, in the proper locations, so I don't know what to make of this. Is a boot log even relevant to an error that is detected at the very beginning of the boot??

2. When I use msconfig to tell the system to run a diagnostic boot, the boot does proceed through to the Win 10 opening picture screen, but then it stops, and I am not able to get to the sign-in screen. In other words, Win 10 is stuck and the system cannot be used. The only way I have found to get past this stuck state is to reboot into Safe Mode, using USB recovery, so that I can then run msconfig to disable the diagnostic boot.

I hope someone out there might find this issue interesting enough to think it through. Does the boot log help?? Does the problem with diagnostic boot help?? Should I maybe try removing the battery? Other diagnostic suggestions? Take it in for repair?? Maybe just ignore the warning message and get on with my life???

:)

KentonMachina, Dec 22, 2018

2. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Dec 22, 2018
  3. the operating system is properly configured to run this application.

Hello David,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with message: “The operating system is not presently configured to run this application” on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Doug Robbins” replied on June 5, 2014 in the following Microsoft Community link given below and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...gured-to/1ab09fc6-491d-4528-b892-7a4905f54123

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “A User” replied on December 18, 2012 in the following Microsoft Community link given below and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...nfigured/2f06895a-9a31-420c-8ad1-9690177e9318

The above articles holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Dec 22, 2018
  4. System is "not fully configured", but appears to operate properly

the operating system is properly configured to run this application.

Hello Jayant,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried to Repair and Uninstall Office but the uninstallation process crashes. Repeated so many times and I just waited for an windows update that would probably fix it. Sadly there was none.

I opted to reset my PC. I'll probably just have to avoid that particular windows update when the time comes.

DavidCuenco, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

System is "not fully configured", but appears to operate properly

1. System is "not fully configured", but appears to operate properly - Similar Threads - System fully configured

2. System configuration doesnt appear in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System configuration doesnt appear in search: Is it just me but System configuration isnt here!Does someone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-configuration-doesnt-appear-in-search/c86b1eac-7906-4845-bfc2-a2600852ae68
  3. System configuration doesnt appear in search

in Windows 10 Customization
    System configuration doesnt appear in search: Is it just me but System configuration isnt here!Does someone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-configuration-doesnt-appear-in-search/c86b1eac-7906-4845-bfc2-a2600852ae68
  4. Operating system not loading properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating system not loading properly.: I am a user of Windows 11, whenever i log into my pc, the screen goes all black and nothing is accessible, only visible thing is the cursor. I can open the task manager using the shortcut. I have tried to fix it for a long time. I even reset the operating system but it...
  5. Operating system not loading properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating system not loading properly.: I am a user of Windows 11, whenever i log into my pc, the screen goes all black and nothing is accessible, only visible thing is the cursor. I can open the task manager using the shortcut. I have tried to fix it for a long time. I even reset the operating system but it...
  6. Error The operating system is not configured to run this application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error The operating system is not configured to run this application: How do you fix this? I have Windows 10 and it won't run the Word program. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-operating-system-is-not-configured-to/be7b9166-4bc2-4e20-8198-d8901154eca7
  7. Operating system not configured for the application

Operating system not configured for the application: When I try to open excel or word, I get the error that the operating system is presently not configured for this application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-not-configured-for-the/c8d07473-ac85-49a6-973c-a9819f6e99db
  8. Operating system is not presently configured to... error

Operating system is not presently configured to... error: I tried the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the CMD prompt and got the following: Error: 740 Elevated permissions are required to run DISM. Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks. I am an administrator on my computer, I'm not sure why I am...
  9. operating system is not configured to run this application

operating system is not configured to run this application: I had this problem with Microsoft Excel, every time I tried to open an Excel file or launch the Excel application I got the error "operating system is not configured to run this application". I finally managed to figure out that it was my antivirus, Bitdefender....
  10. The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application

The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application: I can't open Excel file, I get this error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-operating-system-is-not-presently-configured/207fd419-609d-4963-9640-673b564ee74f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp your system is not fully configured

2. warning your computer is not fully configured

3. hp warning your system is not fully